✨four✨

✨ "reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are" ✨

    Brynn made herself at home. She poured herself a cup of bourbon, smiling behind the glass as she imagined Damon walking through the door and spotting her sitting on his sofa in her PJs.

It was fun messing with Damon, although she'd never admit that she enjoyed his presence. It was a nice change from being back in New Orleans surrounded by people who were afraid of her and her family.

And it helped that the sexual tension between the two of them was on an all-time high. She remembered the night they shared and she's never forgotten it.

The way he said her name, the way his finger skimmed her shoulders, the way he cuddled her after they'd . . . No. . . She would never forget any of it.

But if what she heard was correct, Damon was involved with Elena. Elena Gilbert. A girl who looked like her ex-best friend to a t. It was sad, really.

Any Petrova had the Salvatore boys wrapped around their finger all because they had pretty eyes and a killer smile. It confused Brynn, and she loathed them for it.

She sighs, tracing her finger around the rim of the glass.

She used to hate Damon. Why? Because he was so worried about Katherine that he never tried to pursue a relationship with Brynn. She tried to get his attention, but all she got was a one night stand.

But she was over it. She obviously didn't think about how he completely left her for Katherine. She didn't care. Not. At. All.

"Brynn?"

She looks up, trying not to show her disappointment as she notices it's the younger Salvatore and not Damon.

"Hello, love." She smiles. "How are you?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Rebekah kicked me out for what happened with Marty."

His eyebrows furrow. "Marty?"

"Yeah, you know. . . The blonde who's hand I crushed."

"Ahh, Matt," he nods, crossing his arms. "That wasn't very nice."

"Well, I'm not a nice person."

"You used to be."

She laughs, setting her drink down as she stands up. "That was a hundred years ago, Stefan. It would be absurd to expect someone to stay the same person, after all that time, don't you think?"

Brynn's ears perk up at the sound of footsteps. Here he comes.

"Well, I-"

"Stefan," Damon barges through the door, a scowl on his face. " you won't believe what just happened-" he stops short when he sees Brynn.