✨the finale✨

"it seems to me, that love could be labeled poison and we'd drink it anyway."

As we all know by now, Brynn isn't one for showing affection

As we all know by now, Brynn isn't one for showing affection. Whether it's using words or actions, she wasn't a fan of having all of her feelings out there in the open.

If she sticks around long enough to deal with your bullshit, that's how you know she cares about you.

Well, that's how it was before Brynn realized that maybe, just maybe, she needed to tell the people in her life how much she appreciated them. Don't get her wrong, she's not positive she's going to take a plane to New Orleans and beg until the Sanchez twins forgive her.

Well, she's not going to beg. She already booked the plane to New Orleans and suffered a horrendous flight with an overweight baby bawling its eyes out next to her.

But she's here. That's all that matters.

She clutches the handle of her duffel bag, taking a deep breathe of fresh air as she steps into the quarter.

"I don't believe my eyes." Her lips twitch as she tries to prevent a smile. "If it isn't Braylen Mikaelson. It's been, what, ten years?"

"Oh please, Marcellus, I didn't know my absence effected you so much."

"You know you're my favorite Mikaelson."

"That's only because you and my sister didn't work out."

Marcel rolls his eyes, moving past one of his vampire guards to engulf her in a hug. "It's been too long." He gives her a squeeze, standing back to take a look at her with his hands cupping her shoulders. "You look great, as always."

"Oh, don't flatter me."

His eyes crinkle as he smiles lovingly at her. "How have you been?"

She was really happy to see Marcel; he became like a brother to her when Nik took him in and unofficially made him a part of the Mikaelson family. Sure, he wasn't blood related to her, but he was someone she considered family.

But the real smile she had on her face from seeing Marcel slipped as she becomes reminded of why she fled Mystic Falls in the first place.

"Braylen. . . What's going on?" The worried tone of his voice causes her to shake her head.

"I'm okay. . . I'm just. . . I need to talk to Isaiah."

Marcel watches her closely for another moment, searching her face as if he could see if she's lying to him. After a minute, he gives her a slow nod.

"Gabi told me that you finally shot him down."

She raises a brow. "Finally? You knew?"