🌊43🌊

(F/N) POV)

Emiko's parents drover her home the next day as we packed our bags, heads held low. We were all upset, both the swim team and the volleyball team both. The boys had to face the guilt of loss finally sinking in, and we hadn't been able to win when it mattered the most.

I tossed my last bag in the back of the bus, eager to get home already.

(Time Skip)

A few weeks later, after we had all started preparing for exams, it was finally time for our last practice with Samezuka and Iwatobi for the year. Looking back, this year had gone by insanely fast, and it seemed like just yesterday I was walking home with the Miya twins for the first time, unaware that I'd become best friends with one, and the other would be my boyfriend.

Yeah, this year was a rollercoaster ride. And we certainly made a lot of waves in the water along the way. But if this year had been any different, I don't know what I would have done. I'd probably never have spoken to Suna or the Miyas, and the girls and I wouldn't have discovered our love for them, on more than just a platonic level.

We pulled up to Samezuka and walked off the bus, one by one. This was our tradition, we'd join Samezuka in racing the captains. Iwatobi always showed up late, though.

Emiko was in a sling, but only for a couple more weeks. Lucky for us, Sosuke was going to college at a local school, so he'd decided that he'd help Emiko with her injury.

We opened the doors to the pool, already finding Momo trying to beat Rin in a race, and failing miserably. Mika chuckled at her competitor's attempt, "Well, at least he's trying."

As soon as Rin had won, they each got out of the pool. Rin shook Momo's hand, "A race well fought." Momo pouted, "But I lost! I'll beat you next time I swear!" Hayashi smirked, "Well, boys. Who's racing me today?!"

Ai stepped up, "I believe that it is my time to finally beat you in breastroke, Hayashi-san!"

Hayashi nodded, stepping up to the starting block, "Well then, let's go! And drop the -san already, Ai. You've known me for two years now, it's cool."

Needless to say, Hayashi beat him that time.

I poked Rin's back, "Oi, we racing or nah?" The redhead laughed, "You? Beat me? I'd like to see you try, little (F/N)." "Oi!" I huffed, "Don't call me little!"

(Haha, and Edward Elric and Rin have the same dub VA. I'm so funny XD)

I stepped up to the starting block, after taking my clothes off to reveal my swimsuit that is. Then, Sosuke shouted, "Go!"

Rin and I took off, and I quickly gained an early lead. Rin had a nice turn, though. I'd have to watch out for that.

I felt the water rush around my body as I made the turn, beating Rin to the punch by getting to the opposite end first. After flipping off the wall, I could feel that Rin was gaining on me. That's when I smirked, piking up the pace. I reached the opposite end in no time at all, leaving Rin the the dust.

I climbed out of the water, then went to the lane next to mine to help Rin out of the water. Juts as he got out, Iwatobi pulled up and Hayashi stepped out of the pool area.

As usual, Nagisa was the first one off the bus, grabbing Rei's arm and practically dragging him towards us, a smile on Nagisa's face. I waved towards them, "Hey guys!"

Before long, Makoto, Haru, and Gou had also joined us, and even Ms. A came along with them. Today was a big day for all the second years, since all three captains would be picking a successor today.