🌊20🌊

(F/N) POV)

The next day, I woke up and got ready for school like usual, but I put on Tsumu's hoodie. Now that summer was over, it was getting a little cold and I wasn't really ready to catch a cold.

When I made my way to the kitchen, mom was serving food instead of Akira. I said good morning and then asked, "Where's Akira?" Mom smiled, "Well, you'll find out at dinner. I promise, it's good!"

I sighed thinking the worst, what if he proposed to Sakura or something? I think I'd die.

As soon as we were done with breakfast, Hitoshi hit me on the back of the head, "Hurry up, pipsqueak! We'll be late."

I thanked mom for the food again and slipped on my shoes at the doorway. As soon as the door shut, Hitoshi sent me an icy glare, "Okay, you're gonna tell me what's bothering you, or I'm getting the Miyas to stay the night. Pick your poison, sis."

I sighed, "Hitoshi, I told you it's nothing." "Bullshit." He called, "I know a liar when I see one."

This was very true. Hitoshi's always been good at picking out liars. There were a few lies that always worked on him, though. For example, I could play it off like I was on my period and he wouldn't question it or I could say that I think I'm getting sick or something along the lines of that.

But this is my brother.

I'd feel bad lying.

So I broke down and told him, his expression going from calm to surprised, to pissed real quick. He scoffed, "Okay, so tell Akira. Like now."

I shook my head, "I don't think I can." My twin crossed his arms, "Okay, then I will. Unless you man up and tell him, then I'll step out."

I frowned, "I'll tell him when the time is right, okay? I promise I will."

Hitoshi sighed, "Whatever. Just don't let him get hurt, please. He's our brother, ya know." I smiled softly as the Miya twins joined us at the corner, "I know, Hitoshi. I know."

Our walk to school was filled with talk about how Tsumu's going to make Samu watch Given now and how Samu's gonna cry so much. Samu gave his brother a look, "Yeah, right. I don't really cry."

Then, he turned to me and started talking. I laughed, "You will cry. I promise."

We neared the gates of school where we were greeted by Kimi, Emiko, Suna, and Mika like usual. After greetings and goodbyes, the rest of the relay team and I made our way to the locker room to put away our bags. Emiko and I were talking about (Favorite band)'s new album which was already at the number three spot in the music magazine we look at.

We departed in the halls and headed to our classrooms. As we sat down in our seats, Tsumu and Hitoshi came in the classroom looking a little shaken up. I poked my twin's shoulder, "What happened?"

Hitoshi laughed, "Heh, long story. Basically, Tsumu stole Samu's food and will never be doing it again, at least in front of the entire class."

I shot a questioning look before Hitoshi showed me a photo of Samu with Tsumu in a choke hold. I laughed before whispering, "Please send that to me." My conversation was cut short whn Sensei walked into the classroom and told us to get in our project groups.

Mika, Tsumu, Hitoshi and I put our desks together and started peer editing one another's outlines. I slammed Tsumu's outline onto the desk, "What is this!? Your answers are all 'the ending was too much of a cliffhanger'!" I started to laugh and sat back down, "I mean, you're not wrong but still. Anyways, how does the ending change the lesson?"

Tsumu smirked, "If I don't like the end, I don't learn."

I face-palmed and noticed Sakura's sister waltz over to our desks, laughing maniacally, "Well, maybe if he had a better group, he'd have more information."

Mika squinted, "Sorry, um, who are you again?"

Sakura's sister glared at Mika before changing the topic, "Anyways, listen up Ginjima's! your stupid brother ate over again. He has, like, the worst taste in food ever." I didn't even look up from my paper, but my blood was boiling, "Can you please leave us alone?"

She kept ranting to the point where Tsumu stepped in, "Um, (F/N)'s asked you to leave us alone. Can you maybe go somewhere else?"

She glared at me, "My Atsumu was so much nicer before you met him! I hate your guts!"

She stomped away before I snorted, "That makes two of us. What is her problem?" Mika smiled as she slid my brother's paper back to him, "I dunno, but Hitoshi's outline is pretty good."

(Time Skip)

We got on the bus to go to Samezuka as a team and we got off as a team. That's how Inarizaki rolls.

Gou and I started chatting like usual as soon as Nagisa and I did our handshake. When Gou started talking about muscles was when I left and started talking to Makoto and Rin who were chatting with Haru. I smiled, "Ready for the regional qualifiers?"

Rin smiled, "Yeah, I suppose. Can't believe it's already that time." Makoto sighed, "Yeah, but (F/N), if we all make it to nationals, then we'll stop practicing with all three teams earlier than we typically would. Doesn't that worry you at all?"

I laughed, "Nah, you guys have had plenty of practice against us, so you'll win for sure!"

Haru was quiet, like usual. Makoto on the other hand smiled and ruffled my hair, "Yeah, but we will beat you guys one of these times! Just you wait!"

We headed into the pool area and were greeted by the rest of the Samezuka boys, many of which were taller than me and the rest of my medley team. I felt a pair of eyes following me, but whenever I turned around, the feeling dissolved. I figured it was just my imagination and I didn't worry about it.

Practice went on as usual, interval sets being torture, everyone working on their individual skills, and the relay teams racing at the end. When we loaded onto the bus again, our captain clapped her hands, "Okay, next on the agenda is the regional qualifiers! I figured that I'd just say who's racing when for this right now, so here we go! I'll be swimming in the 300 meter butterfly and the 200 meter backstroke, Fuwa, you'll be swimming in the 100 back," I stopped listening until I heard my name, "(F/N), you got the 500 free, the 300 free, the 100 free, and the medley relay with Kimi, Emiko, and Mika. Lemme know if that's too much for you to swim, okay?"

I nodded, but our captain already knew the answer.

I wasn't backing out of any race. And I was aiming to win them all.

.   .   .

Hey hey hey!

Thank you so much for reading! I think I am going to write a Fukurodani x reader soon, so if you're interested in that, it will be up once I'm done with my current stories!

If you have suggestions, please comment them!

Oya oya oya?

-Boke