🌊31🌊

(F/N) POV)

The next couple of weeks went by in a flash, every day getting closer to when we'd be going to nationals. 

Tonight was special, we had our parent's close friends Daisue Kambe and Haru Kato with us for dinner, a monthly tradition that we hadn't been keeping up with since they were currently working on a murder case. The murder of Kambe-san's mother, actually.

So when the doorbell rang, we were a little surprised, Hitoshi hesitantly walking up to the door. Twisting the doorknob, the entire family let out a sigh of relief as we saw our two uncle-like figures staring into our home.

They invited themselves in, saying hello to all of us and giving Hina a pat on the head.

Kambe-san smiled, "I have gifts for you guys, if you'd like them."

I paused the show I was watching, (Favorite anime) of course, and walked over to Kambe-san and Kato-san. Kambe-san was holding out five gift bags, one for each of us.

When I opened mine, I was surprised to find around ten pairs of my favorite brand of swim goggles staring back at me. I looked up, "Thank you, Kambe-san!"

He smiled, "Anything for my star swimmer."

Hitoshi got around ten pairs of his favorite volleyball socks, as well as two pairs of his favorite brand of knee pads. Hina got a fifty-pack of the highest quality makeup bushes that were sold in town, and Hikaru got three video game controllers, one for his Xbox, one for his Playstation, and one for his Nintendo Switch, which had all coincidentally been bought by Kambe-san as well.

Akira was the last one to open his gift, revealing a wad of cash.

Kato-san smiled, "I chipped in for some of that. We heard you're opening your own restaurant, so we wanted to help you out in any way possible. That should cover the cost of tables and chairs, maybe even for some stuff in the kitchen too. Of course, Daisuke here had to go above and beyond since his balance is unlimited, so only an eighth of that is mine, but nonetheless, we wish you good luck."

Akira was moved to tears. Standing up, he hugged Kambe-san and Kato-san, 'Thank you's mixed in with his tears.

Mom and dad smiled from the doorway. Then, mom clapped her hands, "Okie dokie, dinner's ready!"

She led us to the dining room, where she'd prepared our dinner for the night. We all sat down in our seats, Kambe-san and Kato-san getting to pick their seats first since they were guests. Taking their usual seats, the rest of us sat down in the seats we usually take when they're here.

As mom serves the food, Kato-san starts a discussion, "So, I heard that the twins are each going to nationals."

Hitoshi and I looked at one another and nodded. Kato-san smirked, "I don't assume you two already have a significant other to cheer you on, do you?"

A blush rose to my face as my immediate thought was Atsumu. Why the hell did I think of him of all people?!

Kato-san laughed along with everyone else at the dinner table, "Well then, judging by your faces, I'll assume you don't but wish for someone special to be there."

I looked over to Hitoshi to see that his expression matched mine, a red face and wide eyes.

Kambe-san nodded towards Hina and Hikaru, "So, we know what's up with the older kids, how about you two?"

Hikaru swallowed his food, "Nothing, really. Aside from helping Akira out with the renovations for his place, that is."

Hina pouted, "Hikaru, you're boring. Anyways, at school yesterday, my best friend told me that her closest guy friend liked me, but she likes him so now she's mad at me because he likes me and not her. But, I mean, who can blame him?" Hina sassily flipped her hair, making all of us muffle a laugh.

Hina finished her story, "Anyways, today she told me that she forgives me but she won't ever forget me stealing her future boyfriend, but I don't even like him!"

Kambe-san nodded, "That seems like an issue then, doesn't it?"

Hina nodded, "Yeah, because we were supposed to text each other tonight and she never sent me a text back. Oh well."

Kato-san smiled after he swallowed his food, "So, we got a few days off to come watch you guys at nationals. It took a lot of convincing, but we managed to pull it off!"

Dad smiled, "And your mother and I were able to get a few days off, too. So, we're all going!"

"Perfect!" I smiled, "So we'll have more people to compete for than just ourselves."

Last year, despite the insane amount of begging they did, mom and dad weren't able to get any days off to watch us at nationals. Maybe that was a good thing, though, since the relay team lost badly in the first round. Of course, the team that beat us went on to win the entire competition, so it's not like we lost to someone who went totally unknown.

We finished dinner and decided to play a video game before Kambe-san and Kato-san left, which Hikaru won by a landslide.

We then led our "uncles" to the door where we said goodbye. Akira thanked them again for the money, promising that they'd get discounts and free food as soon as his place opened up.

As soon as they left, mom locked the door and turned around to face the entire family. "Well, Christmas is in two weeks, so we're setting the decorations up next week. Also, Kambe-san and Kato-san will be joining us again for Christmas dinner, so please make sure that you guys don't break a window again like a couple years ago."

Hitoshi nodded, "Yeah, we know. But that was your fault because you didn't check to see if our Wii remotes were on tightly enough."

Mom sighed, "Thanks, Hitoshi. Love you too."

Hitoshi smirked before heading upstairs, each of us following him.

I tossed and turned in my bed that night, unable to sleep. I thought about what Kato-san said, about a significant other. Maybe he was right.

Maybe I do want a significant other.

.   .   .

Hey hey hey!

Next chapter is where the plot starts to go into full swing, so I might write that chapter later, I don't know. Also, if you guys would like, I can post the prologue of my Baseball AU! Kageyama x Reader.

Anyways, thank you for reading and if you have any suggestions, please comment them!

Oya oya oya?

-Boke