🌊35🌊

(F/N) POV)

Christmas came and went, my family exchanging gifts and my grandparents coming to town for the first time in months. I missed my grandparents a lot, especially since I've been really busy with swimming lately.

So of course, when they rang the doorbell, I sprinted to open the door, attacking them with a hug. My dad's parents were behind the door, and while laughing, my grandma hugged me back, "Hello (F/N)!"

My grandpa waited until I had let go of my grandmother to hug me, and I hugged him back instantly.

My mother's mom wasn't able to make it into town this year since she was going to my uncle's house. My mom and my uncle don't have a very good relationship, so my grandma alternated years. My mom's dad passed away a couple years ago.

This year, I got a new swimsuit for practice, my favorite brand, as well as a few gift cards to my favorite stores, and I also got a new laptop from my parents.

We ate Christmas dinner together as usual, my grandparents sharing stories of their time while they were at their house. That night was over as soon as it started, all of us sitting around the fireplace.

That was two days ago, and it was now the 27th of December, the night of the medley gift exchange. We'd done this every year since the year we met, having a sleepover at my house every year.

I heard the doorbell ring and walked downstairs, grabbing a bag of (Favorite flavor) chips. 

(Fun fact about me, I really like the dill pickle flavor and salt and vinegar)

On the other side of the door stood Mika, who I let into the house. We each waved to her parents as I shut the door. I yelled out, "Yo, buttwads! Mika's here, come say hi!"

Hina whipped around the corner at the mention of Mika's name, immediately running around Mika in circles. The backstroke specialist only laughed, giving Hina a hug, "What's up, kiddo?"

Hina started rambling about every little detail that was going on in her life right now, while Hitoshi and Akira rounded the corner to greet her. Hitoshi and Mika did their handshake and Akira asked her a question, "So, I-I heard that Sara-chan was still single...?"

Mika nodded, "Yeah, she is. And she won't cheat on you, unlike another person."

Akira whipped his head around to face me, "You told her?!"

"Well," I sighed, "She was with me that night."

Akira walked away, whispering what sounded like "oh." Hikaru walked up from the basement as the doorbell rang. I opened it again to reveal that Emiko and Kimi were both there. They each waved, tucking their pillows under their arm.

I waved to their parents, closing the door and bringing them all upstairs to where we'll be sleeping. Kimi shook her head, "So, you're kicking Hitoshi out again?"

I nodded, "Yep, that'd be correct." "You know (F/N)," Mika laughed, "We could sleep downstairs."

I shook my head as I opened the door to my room, fairy lights emanating light. My desk lamp was also on, the shared room of me and my twin actually clean for once.

We sat down on the floor, wrapping ourselves in blankets and giving one another our gifts. It was clear that we'd all put a lot of thought into our gifts, no year having been an exception. I'd gotten a new hoodie from Kimi, which Mika claimed that she'd be stealing, a crap-ton of fuzzy socks from Emiko, and from Mika, I got a picture frame with us and the boys volleyball club. She'd gotten the same thing for everyone, actually.