🌊40🌊

(F/N) POV)

When I woke up the next morning, Kimi was already gone. I started to panic, Did I forget to set my alarm again? Then I realized, oh, right. She's swimming today.

Knowing that, I got up and got ready. I quickly got dressed and brushed my teeth, then tying my hair up in two French braids. Then, I walked to the elevator, running into my brother on the way. 

He held up his fist, which I reciprocated, giving him a fist bump. I smiled, "Morning, Hitoshi."

"(F/N), what's up?" He replied. I shook my head, "Nothing, I'm just a little worried for tomorrow is all, y'know?"

He pressed the button on the elevator, "Nah, don't be. I know that you'll win."

I scoffed, hearing the elevator door open, "Yeah, right. I really don't think I can win the 1000, but we'll see."

We stepped inside the elevator and Hitoshi pressed the button for the first floor. "Whatever you say, sis."

We stepped out of the elevator, seeing half of both teams waiting for us. Among those there were Kita-san, Oomimi-san, Hayashi, Osamu, Eri, Kimi, Mika, Suna, and my brother and I. 

I walked up to Kimi, "Want some help stretching?"

She nodded, "Yeah, that'd be nice."

I stood behind her and helped her to lean forward, striking a conversation. "So, how's Osamu been lately?"

"Well," she said, "we got in an argument the other night. It was about weather or not I can cook better than him. Pretty stupid, huh?"

I laughed, "Yeah, but I'm sure that Atsumu and I will argue over stupider things. Who won?" She chuckled, remembering the argument, "He did, but we made up right after. He said that it doesn't matter how good I can cook or not, it's how much love I put into it."

Hayashi clapped her hands, "Okie dokie, we're just waiting on (F/N)'s beloved."

Just then, the elevator door opened, a certain blonde setter walking out, "SAMU! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!"

I laughed, "Speaking of which."

Kita-san sighed, "What now?"

Atsumu jumped up in the air, "HE FREAKING DUMPED MORE WATER ON ME! THIS IS THE FIFTH TIME THIS SCHOOL YEAR!"

Osamu shrugged, helping Kimi to her feet. "I did what needed to be done."

I sighed, walking up to Atsumu, "You know, if he had to wake you up like that, I think it's safe to assume you deserved it." He screeched, "No I DIDN'T!"

I laughed, "It's fine, you look normal."

He sighed, "Well, okay then."

"Well then," Hayashi sighed, "I think it's time that we get going, or else we'll be late."

Kimi took a deep breath as we all loaded the bus, the second-years all sitting in the back like the cool kids we are. Atsumu wrapped an arm around my shoulder, "Looks like you're stuck sitting next to me, yet again."

I laughed, "Well, that doesn't sound too bad."

We took a seat behind Emiko and Hitoshi, and across the aisle from Osamu and Kimi. Soon enough, we were off.

(Time Skip)

After saying goodbye to Kimi, we headed to our seats in the bleachers. Kimi was in the last race for the 100, and then had to swim the first race for the 200. I leaned over the railing, Osamu walking towards me to join me. He sighed, "Well, how long's her break between races?"