🌊37🌊

(F/N) POV)

A couple days later, we were on the bus and headed to Tokyo to swim at Nationals.

Everyone on the medley team was racing in their specialty stroke as well as the relay. The way that Nationals would go for us was a week in Tokyo. The first day, we'd be settling into our hotel. The second day would be for butterfly events only. The third day would be exclusively for backstroke and the fourth day would be for breastroke. Then, the fifth day would be my time to shine with freestyle. On the sixth day would be the relays. Finally, we'd go home on the seventh day.

So here we were, the first day of our trip. We were all getting on the bus and saying goodbye to the other  teams who were leaving. Only swimming and volleyball would be in Tokyo, however. The other teams were headed to another part of Japan.

I pulled Hitoshi in for a hug, "See you in a few hours."

My brother hugged me back, "Yeah. Stay safe, love you sis." We let go of one another, Atsumu held his arms open. I took a deep breath as I wrapped my arms around him, "See you at the hotel, don't bother everyone too much okay?"

He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead, "I wouldn't dream of it."

I sighed as I let go, waving to Suna and Osamu, "You two have my permission to beat those two up if they're being annoying!"

Suna and Osamu gave me a salute, "No problem!"

I laughed as I hopped on the bus, tossing my things into the empty seat next to Kimi. Kimi smiled, "Well, what do you think?"

I tilted my head, "What do you mean?"

Kimi sighed, "Well, for starters, we're swimming at Nationals in Tokyo, and that's kind of a huge deal." I playfully punched her arm, "My gosh, Kimi. Could you be any more sarcastic?"

She smirked, "I dunno, maybe."

Mika laughed, "Let's not find out."

I smiled as I sent a game to our group chat, "Anyone wanna play?" The three of them picked up their phones as our captain stood up. The bus started rolling slowly, and Hayashi smiled, "Okay, a few ground rules for the hotel! No making noise past 11:00, those are the hotel's quiet hours. Yes, I'm looking at you four."

Hayashi pointed to me, Kimi, Mika and Emiko. I nodded, "We will be quiet."

Hayashi snorted, "Yeah, okay. I heard that last year too and Kimi broke a cart!"

Kimi sighed, "I already told you, I was being chased by a vending machine and I ran into the cart! The stairs just so happened to be there!"

Hayashi sighed, "Okay, on that note, I know that we're sharing a hotel with the boys volleyball team, and I also know that you four have boyfriends on that team. I hope you know that Kita and I won't tolerate you guys breaking carts like Kimi did last year."

Mika shivered, "We know, we've seen Kita-san's wrath."

Hayashi laughed, "Well, that's good I suppose. The rooms will be rooms for two, so pick room partners now, I guess. Not while I'm talking, but after I'm done. We'll be on the top floor, actually, so if you guys go to the roof, please don't fall off! And whatever you do, please DO NOT lose your room key! Alright, pick your partners."

I elbowed Kimi, "Oi, wanna share a room?"

She shook her head, "And be seen in public with you? I'll pass."

I put an offended hand to my chest and spoke sarcastically, "Well, damn. I'm hurt." Kimi laughed, "I'm kidding, yeah, I'll share a room with you."

I laughed, "Okay, can we play our game now?"