🌊17🌊

(Art is not mine! Credits to the artist!)

(F/N) POV)

For the rest of the week in school, we set up a presentation outline. The entire project was going to be done over the course of the next three weeks, so we figured we may as well use three animes as reference.

We nodded to one another as the last bell rang on Friday afternoon. Mika's parents wouldn't be home all weekend since they had a business trip, and her sister was spending the next few weeks on campus, meaning we had the entire house to ourselves. We decided that we'd just spend the night two nights in a row and binge through an entire show this weekend, like most weebs do.

Mika and separated from Hitoshi and Tsumu and headed to the pool area. It was a little on the cold side today since the temperatures were starting to drop, so instead of just our suits and jackets, we put on sweatpants to cover our legs.

After we were finished getting changed, we walked out of the locker room to find that Kimi and Emiko were already done and were waiting for us. We started to head to the front doors to greet Iwatobi and Samezuka, only to find out that Iwatobi was running late. Samezuka was already at the door when we got there.

I ran over to Rin and started teasing him, "Soooo, think you can finally beat me today?"

He rolled his eyes, "I could beat you any day."

I laughed, "Sure thing, man. I'll believe it when you actually do."

I walked away from Rin and my captain apologized about a million times. I smirked as I greeted Sosuke. I nodded, "Hey, man. How's the shoulder?"

He looked down at me, "It's fine...I told you guys to stop worrying about me, didn't I?" "Well, I guess but that doesn't mean we won't. We want you guys to stand a chance against us, now don't we?" I smiled innocently.

Sosuke ruffled my hair, "We're going to beat you today. Mark my words."

I didn't have time to respond as Iwatobi pulled into our lot and Gou waved towards us. My entire relay team smiled, "Hey, Gou!" Emiko waved back.

One after another, Iwatobi came out of their small bus. I did a handshake with Nagisa which was over complicated for some reason. Nagisa had a handshake with the entire relay team, that's how it always was.

I couldn't help but feel a pair of eyes following me wherever I went, though.

I brushed off the feeling and continued to greet Iwatobi. Then, our captain clapped her hands, "Okay, pipsqueaks! Time to work! Dammit, Haru, out here not in the pool yet!" She grabbed Haru by the shoulder as he tried to walk into the pool area.

Makoto and Rin joined Hayashi at the front of the group on either side of her. Rin smirked, "By the way, you guys might need some water bottles after this. Makoto, take the stage."

Rin gestured over to Makoto who cleared his throat, "Ahem, today, as a stamina boost, you will be running three laps around the entire school!"

I groaned. "But, Makoto, the school is huge! I dunno if I'll survive!" Nagisa complained.

Makoto laughed, "Nagisa, you'll be fine. Naturally, however, there is a prize for the person who finishes first!" Rin continued, "You won't have to do the interval sets!"

I smirked. At Inarizaki, we call interval sets torture. Basically, if you don't finish a specific amount of lengths in an allotted time, at Inarizaki you'd have to run to the cafeteria and back. The pool and the cafeteria are on opposite sides of a very, very, VERY large school. Then, you'd keep doing the interval sets until you got it. 

Luckily, I'd always saved energy for the interval sets and I've never ran.

Kimi had to once. She looked dead after.

This is why all three swim clubs are fast.

I smiled, knowing that the one to beat is Rei. He has long legs and was once a part of the track team at Iwatobi, meaning that he runs like an angry chicken is chasing him.

I gathered with all three teams at the front of the school, a teacher ready to tell us to go any second now.

"GO!"

I decided to save my energy for the final stretch, meaning I was running next to Ai who was probably doing the same thing. I saw Rei pull out to an early lead and after one lap around the school, I decided to step it up a little.

Instead of jogging, I was running at my normal pace. I passed Makoto, Nagisa, Rin, and Sosuke on the way. Rei was still ahead of everyone, but my relay team wasn't too far behind.

Passing the front of the school again, my lungs out of air and my legs burning, I sprinted until I had passed everyone but Rei.

As we made the final turn, I sprinted again. I was neck and neck with Rei at this point and I was a little scared I was going to lose. I noticed Rei's strides growing and I scoffed, "Damn you and your long legs, Rei!"

He pushed up his glasses, "Why, thank you!"

I scowled. You know what...this ends now.

I Naruto ran all the way to the end, passing Rei with my arms behind me. When I finished my third lap, I smirked, "Looks like I *pant* win, Rei!"

He adjusted his glasses yet again and shook my hand, "It was a race well won, (F/N). Also, did you seriously Naruto run there?" "Yeah," I smiled, "I did!"

We gave up on waiting for everyone else to finish and went inside to grab water for our teams and Samezuka. We got everyone's water bottles and brought them outside, patiently sitting on the steps towards the school.

After about fifteen minutes, everyone was done and I smirked, "Tell me how the interval sets are, m'kay?"

I patted Mika on the back. Rin laughed, "You'll still be swimming during that time, just not intervals." I looked down, "Damn, I thought it was gonna be an easy practice!"

(Time Skip)

After being worked until we needed air, we left the pool area and got changed.

For some reason, I packed Tsumu's hoodie. I dunno why I like it so much nor why I haven't given it back yet.

I shrugged as I put it on over my shirt and left the locker room.

Meeting with the boys at the gate, I smiled, "Yo! Hitoshi, Tsumu, don't forget we're going to Mika's place!" Said boys waved back and Tsumu lifted up a small bag filled with clothes and overnight essentials, "Yeah, I know!"

Hitoshi smiled, "We're still going to the park first, right? (F/N), Akira made me bring money just in case you forgot so here." He shoved some money into my hands. I smiled, "Thanks, bro."

We waved goodbye to Suna, Samu, Kimi, and Emiko. They were meeting Akagi and Omimi to get some ideas for memes.

Yeah, I thought, tonight's going to be awesome!

If only I'd known how wrong I'd been.

.   .   . 

Hey hey hey!

Sorry for the lack of updates, I recently found my Tomodachi Life game on my 3ds, so I've been playing that a lot.

If you have suggestions, please comment them!

Oya oya oya?

-Boke