chapter 2 || nightmares

Once me and my dad said our goodnights, I headed upstairs to wash my face and brush my teeth. I changed into some shorts and a random band shirt. Thinking of my mother, thought suddenly came to my mind. Of the times when she was alive.

I was running down the empty hallway of the hospital. With every passing room there was a cancer patient in there. My feet stopped to a hault. As I looked inside the window of the door I seen my mother. She was healthy, and smiling. I opened the door to see her arms open wide, looking for a hug. I ran over, but then when I pulled back, she was pale, and her hair was gone. My family were surrounding her. Tears started forming in my eyes and before I knew it I was on the floor crying. I felt a pair of arms embrace me in a warm hug. I look up to see brown, warm eyes looking at me.

''Please don't cry Lola, I know how hard this is for you but your mum doesn't want you upset. She wants a happy little girl. And I know you can't give that to her right now, but please. Please don't cry..'' He hugged me again and I hugged back tighter.

I woke up crying, and sweating. I must've been crying pretty loudly because before I knew it, my dad came rushing in.

''Honey, what's the matter?!'' He cradled me like a baby, hugging me.

''I had a nightmare about mum again..''

''Oh honey..are you okay? Do you want me to stay with you until you fall asleep?'' I nodded a no, but I knew he meant well.

We talked for around half an hour before I felt sleepy again.

*

I woke up realising I had another day of hell to face. I got up and dressed into some black ripped jeans and a white shirt with a red flannel shirt. I slipped on my black vans and did my makeup.

I did everything else I needed to do before getting a lift with Ashton.

You ready?-ash

Yep!

My dad still wasn't awake, which was unsual since he's always said goodbye to me in the mornings for school. I decided to go check up on him. He was still sleeping so I decided to let him sleep.

10 minutes later I heard Ashton's car pull up. I climbed into the passengers seat and we drove to school. Once we got there, Luke, Calum and Michael were all standing there talking to eachother. I kept my head down once I was out of the car, hoping and praying to god they didn't notice me.

''Hey look, it's loser Lola!'' Luke was the first to make a remark. I remained keeping me head down, Ashton put his hand on my back to make sure I was okay.

''Hey, don't walk away from us bitch!'' Michael joined in, earning a chuckle from Calum.

I looked back to see Ashton flipping them off. I laughed at him before we made our way inside the school building.

''I hate those guys.'' Ashton was the first to make conversation which I was thankful for, since I couldn't think of anything to say.

''Tell me about it..''

*

As the day went on, bruises were formed and my headache was getting worse. Ashton wasn't on the same lunch as me today, which made everything worse. That meant extra beatings because I have lunch and after school.

It was now the end of the day, and I was trying to get out before everybody else and by everybody I mean my bullies. But like always, I was too late.

They caught me by the arm, pushing me hard to the ground. I hit my head off the ground, making my vision blurry. I couldn't even scream for help. They kicked me hard in the stomach, and continued until Luke motioned them to stop. Which just meant someone was coming.

I soon regained my vision and helped myself up, before collapsing to the ground.

Luke's pov

I started panicing when Lola wasn't moving. I told my friends to stop because I heard someone coming, which was just a lie to make them stop hurting her.

I never wanted this bullying thing to go physical but it's too far to stop. I told the boys to go on without me, that I forgot something in my locker.

But once I made sure they were out of sight I made my way back to Lola. I looked back so see her collapse on the ground. I rushed over to her, my heart began to panic. I've never been in a situation like this. I picked her up, and carried her to my car.

''Lola, can you hear me?'' Her eye flickered open, suddenly widening.

''Wh-what am I doing here? Get away!'' She screamed at me, but I couldn't blame her.

''Lola, please. I'm helping you.''

''It's too late to help me. You've already ruined my life.'' I should've expected that, but I couldn't help feeling hurt. It stung. I know it's all my fault.

''I'm going to drive you home, please.'' She sighed and gave in. A silence filled the air, and once we arrived at her house I sighed loudly.

''Bye'' I called out to her, but she just walked inside her house.

Lola's pov

How could he just expect me to be alright with this? When I know he's only going to bully me again tomorrow. He can't just help me up and think everything that has gone wrong will just disappear. That's not how things work, this is real life.

My thoughts were interupted when I heard a glass smash in the kitchen. I threw down my bag and rushed towards the sound.

''Daddy! Stop!'' He was about to smash another glass, when I took it from his hands.

''Oh shut up and get away from me!'' His breath smelt of alcohol, and my heart began to race. I never liked my dad drinking, he's never been like this before. All his anger is pouring out and he might take it out on me..no. He wouldn't do that. No.

''Dad, please. You need to stop. You're going to hurt someone!'' I yelled at him, but as a result I gained a slap to the face.

''Shut up and let me drink! I got fired yesterday ya know? You don't even care!'' He slurred his words while I held my cheek. Tears started to form in my eyes, letting one slip down.

''I'm your daughter! How can you simply start treating me this way?!''

''Shut your mouth! You stupid bitch! I don't need a lecture on how to run my life, I'm perfectly fine.'' He was sat down at the table now, and stopped throwing glasses.

''Daddy, you're not fine. You need to rest, I'll help you-''

''I DON'T NEED ANY HELP!'' He slapped me again, and again. I stood up from the ground, wiping away the tears on my stinging cheeks. Blood was pouring from my head, which was from when Calum and Michael started kicking me in school, so when I fell it started to bleed again.

I went upstairs and locked myself away in the bathroom. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore. I didn't hear any sound of movement downstairs. My phone buzzed from my pocket.

Hey, you busy?-ash

Nope, why?

Well, my mum wanted to know if you could come over for dinner? She's made spaghetti and meatballs

Yeah!

Great, I'll pick you up in 10!

I changed into some loose jeans and a grey long sleeved top and my leather jacket. Once I heard Ashton's car pull up I slipped on my black converse. 

''My mum's getting really excited because she's hasn't seen you in ages!'' I laughed at the thought of that.

''That's so true, I haven't seen her in so long..wow''

''You know you can come over any time, right?''

''Yeah''.

sorry it took so long to update this chapter, but it's here!