Chapter 18 || home

I heard the door click, meaning my father was now home. The plan of running away was so fresh in my mind. I knew I could do it if I really wanted to,but I only had 2 and a half more months to go.

The rain was pouring down even harder now, I pulled the covers closer to me as my bedroom door creaked open.

"Are you sleeping?"

"No, dad. I'm awake." I dryly spoke.

"Listen, I know you want to go home for the break.."

"Want? No dad , I need to go home for the break. I haven't seen my best friends and my boyfriend in over 4 months! It's not fair!"

"I know honey I just don't have the money right now to send you over and then come back.."

"Bullshit!" I yelled at him, and he raised his hand to slap my cheek. I felt the stinging feeling once again. Yet this time he was sober.

"No..Lola.. I didn't mean that!" He lied.

"I don't care if you meant it or not! You slapped me while you were completely sober! You promised me you had changed! You lied! Again!" I continued to shout.

He slowly reached out for my arm, but I was quick to flinch away.

"Get out." I spat at him.

He backed out of the room, and once I knew he was gone I packed a bag. I wasn't coming back and I knew exactly where I was going.

I was going home. I don't even care about the last 2 months of school, I can finish them back in Australia. Yes I will need caught up but I can do it.

I drove my car to the airport, paying for a ticket back to Sydney.

I hadn't left my dad a note, he didn't deserve one. Once I was in the airport I bought my ticket and made my way through.

Before I knew it, I was on the next flight out to Australia. It was a long flight but I knew once I arrived at Luke's door, everything would fall in to place.

*

The captain called out that we would be landing soon, so I buckled my seatbelt and prepared for landing.

Once I was out of the airport, it was 11pm. I called for a taxi to take me to Luke's house. Once I knocked on the door, a sleepy Liz answered the door.

"Lola? What are you doing here dear, Luke told me you were in London until July!" She smiled at me.

"Well, let's just say I needed to come home." She pulled me into a hug. I heard that voice coming from the top of the stairs. I looked up and there he was.

"Lola!" He came running down and quickly embraced me in a tight hug.

Liz went back upstairs,leaving us alone to talk.

"Babe, what are you doing back so early?!"

"You guys were right about my dad.."

"What do you mean, what the fuck did he do to hurt you?"

"I was yelling at him because he wouldn't let me come back here for the break and then he slapped me again.. I thought he had changed Luke.."

"It's alright, you're here now. That's all that matters! You can stay here the night, my mum loves you anyway, and so do I of course." he grinned at me, before kissing the top of my head.

"I love you too Luke,"

*
I woke up that morning smiling. I was lying on Luke's chest, his arm wrapped round my waist.

"Morning babe,"

"Morning "

I checked my phone to see 10 messages from my dad and 13 missed calls.

Lola, I'm sorry.

Where are you?

I'm coming to find you

You can't hide forever sweetie, I'm so sorry

And it went on. I didn't respond because I didn't want to waste my time on that bastard.

"Let's do something today!" I was snapped out of my thought by Luke standing in front of me.

"Like what?"

"Lola, I haven't taken you out on a real date, and I think tonight would be perfect."

"Are you asking me out on a date?"

"I am indeed Ms Lovato."

"Well then, of course! But we should tell Layla and the boys that I'm back again."

"I'll drive you over to Layla's"

I got dressed in to my clothes from yesterday, and then we said goodbye to Liz before driving over to Layla's.

I knocked on the door and was quickly embraced in a hug.

"OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING BACK?! I THOUGHT YOUR DAD WOULDNT LET YOU COME BACK FOR THE BREAK?!" She immediately squealed.

"I ran away.."

"Wow! Tell me everything!" She pulled me inside the house and we went up to her bedroom.

"Well, you know how my dad treated me before? And I thought he had changed?"

"He didn't change honey did he?.." I looked down at my hands and shook my head.

She pulled me in to a hug and held me until I pulled away.

"Are you okay? I mean you can stay here if you want."

"Thanks, I really appreciate it"

"Did you stay at Luke's last night?" I nodded my head. To make me feel better we watched Mean Girls.

My phone started ringing from an unknown number. I went to the bathroom and answered it.

"Lola Lovato you get the next plane out here right now or else I'm coming and dragging you back with me!"

"You'll never find me, I'm not even in Australia."

"Get back here now bitch! " He slurred, oh great. he's drunk again.

I hung up straight away.

"Who was it?" Layla immediately spike once I sighed and sat on the sofa again.

"My dad..he was drunk.."

"Oh..your safe here Lola"

"I know, thank you Layla. For looking after me. After all these years."

"Anything for my fav cousin!"

"I miss you, I didn't realise how much I missed you until now I guess.."

"I missed you too, if I ever leave you again I'll make sure we keep in contact!"

I smiled at her before watching the movie again.

___________________

Hey guys.. sorry I'm late! Things have been busy for me, it's exams this week and I'm gonna be revising so much!

Hopefully by Sunday the updates will go back to normal.

COMMENT BECAUSE I HAVENT BEEN GETTING COMMENTS RECENTLY WTF OMG I MISS THOSE

VOTE I MISS THOSE TOO!!!!

I MISSED YOU GUYS! OMG I MISS YOU

I LOVE YOU AND I HOPE YOUR HAPPY IF NOT THEN I PROMISE THINGS WILL SOON BE BETTER I PROMISE YOU💓