Chapter 38: Carry On

I felt like my heart stopped beating in my chest. Those words were not something I expected to come out of Luke's mouth. I never  thought I could have another child after the death of Cara. I still try to hold in my tears walking past her room, which I don't think I'll ever be able to go in to ever again. I haven't been in that room for month because I can't bring myself to go inside.

"Sorry, what?!" I whispered back to him as a smirk creeped up his mouth.

"You heard me Lola, do you want a child?"

"Luke.. what about Cara? I lost her only months ago. I don't know if I'm ready for another child yet.."

"Whenever you are. I can't push you, because I know I wasn't there for two years of her and your life but.. I know if we had a child again, I would be there to support you and the kid. I just want you to know that I won't leave again. Ever." I could see it in his eyes he meant every word.

"I know you won't," I laid my head on his shoulders, slowly letting my eyes shut and let sleep take over my body.

*
"Luke, I already told you. Don't talk to me."

"But why?"

"You're standing too close to me! It's really pissing me off, just- don't talk to me!" I continued telling him this until he stopped talking to me.

"Fine, have it your way." I walked away, pissed off now that he still even spoke or looked at me.

I woke up in my bed next to Luke, my head on my pillow, legs spread out and my left arm spread across Luke chest, as he was curled up on the edge of the bed, me taking up most of the space. I laughed at the dream I had, thinking about if it really happened, would I really act like that towards Luke?

I felt a bit of drool dripping, making me wake up. I jumped up, making Luke fall off the side of the bed.

"Jesus, that was how I wanted to wake up. Thanks babe," he propped his elbow on the edge of the bed, making me laugh.

"Can I get a kiss to make me feel better?" He put his lips out pouting as I got up and walked out of the room to leave him wondering.

I went down stairs, wondering how long Luke would sit there.

Then I heard the footsteps, but it was Calum and Ashton.

"Is Michael still sleeping?" I asked the very stupid question.

"What do you think? It's not even noon yet, of course he's still sleeping."

"Well damn Mr Sassy Pants!" I snapped my fingers as he rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to wake up Layla, make me some pancakes it'll take a while to get her up." I told the boys as I walked out spotting Luke and Michael talking outside the bedrooms. Michael is awake. Before noon. This deserves a reward. But something else caught my eye, they looked upset.  Not just Luke, even Michael. Which is odd..

I walked upstairs and they acted as if everything was okay. Like I didn't notice them.

"Everything okay here?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah why wouldn't it be babe?"

"I don't know.. Just asking." I went to Layla's room as he boys went downstairs to the kitchen.

I slowly opened the door to see her arm hanging out of the bed in a glass of orange juice which was on the floor. Her mouth was open, half the covers were off her body. I quickly took a picture and tweeted it.