Chapter 6 || moving on from the past

"Dinner!!" Liz yelled from the kitchen.

We both jumped up, and ran to the kitchen. Luke and I were definitely getting along like nothing ever happened. What can I say , I forgive easily.

All three of us sat down at the small table. Luke's house was quite big but yet it felt so homey.

"Liz this is the best meal I've ever had!" Flavours were whirling round in my mouth.

"Oh stop! But thank you!" She beamed at me, smiling. She was the loveliest woman I had ever met.

"Lol, wanna hear a joke?" Luke grinned at me.

"Oh Jesus your jokes are awful!" Liz laughed, making me smile.

"Go on then!"

"What did Green Day call themselves before they first started out?"

"I don't know?"

"You ready for this?...GREEN NIGHT!" He burst into laughter, making me laugh. This was the first time I ever heard Luke really laugh, hearing a genuine laugh from Luke Hemmings. The boy I thought I hated, when really..he's been the one to make me smile.

"That was the most lamest joke ever!" Liz said, making me laugh even harder.

I checked the time and decided I had better go.

Luke offered me a ride home which I gladly took. He was waiting in the car while Liz wanted to talk to me.

"Thank you, Lola. I don't know what's happened to my boy before tonight. He hasn't been himself the past year. He hasn't been talking to me a lot , only when he has to. I haven't heard him laugh in months. Somehow you managed to make him smile, and laugh and make him the boy I used to know. I am so grateful." Liz was nearly crying, I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"Liz, honestly it's no problem." I pulled her into a hug, and she patted my back.

"You are the kindest friend he has. Michael and Calum don't take care of him the way you do. I appreciate everything."

"I won't be leaving anytime soon Liz."

And I meant that. Luke honked the horn and we laugh. I jogged over to the car, and climbed into the seat beside him.

"What were you and my mum talking about?"

"You'll find out soon." he smirked at me as he started the car.

"Lola..i don't feel good knowing you aren't safe in that house."

"I'll ring you if anything happens okay? I trust you Luke."

"After one day?"

"One day can hold a lot."

*******************

I was now in my bedroom, staring at the ceiling. I had changed into my pyjamas. My dad wasn't home yet, probably out getting drunk again. Suddenly, I heard the door slam shut.

Footsteps were heard coming upstairs and heading towards my room, closer and closer. The door handle creaked and the door slowly opened.

Ashton walked in, with a pizza box in his hand.

"Ash?" I really thought it would be my dad.

"I snuck out of the house to see you, what happened at Luke's house?!" He sat down I front of me on my bed. I sat up to face him, running a hand through my hair.

"Let's just say he won't be bullying me anymore. We worked things out, I promise. "

"How do you know for sure? I mean he could just be putting on an act."

"I don't think someone can put on an act like that.."

"Please, just, don't be naive about it. Don't trust him after one day Lol."

"But ash..i do."

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I woke up the next day and my dad wasn't home. Not even a note. But there was a text.

Lola..
I'm sorry. I know I have done a lot of bad things to you. I can't even begin to express how terrible I feel. you tried to help me and I refused because I was a drunk. I am trying to slowly recover. I will be home by the time you get home from school. if you are late home from school, text me. at least I know you won't be avoiding me.

-dad xox

I couldn't stop thinking about what must've been going through his mind when he typed it. I looked at when it was sent. 5am.

I sighed, and made myself some toast. I got dressed into some black jeans, and a grey hoodie with my black Dr Martins. I put on some foundation and mascara. I ate my toast and packed my back.

Just like usual, Ashton picked me up at my house. the time was now 7:56am. Once we got to the front of school Luke, Michael and Calum were there.

"You sure they won't say anything?" I nodded my head, quite fast.

We got out of the car, and I smiled at Luke. He smiled back and waved.

"See, we're cool."

"Fine..but if he says or does anything!"

"I know Ash."

****
Luke and I went to his house again to 'tutor'.

"Lol?"

"Yeah Luke?"

"Thanks..for trusting me. It means a lot."

"Hey, we're cool now okay? We're friends."

__________________

Hey guys! 2 updates in one night! Damn!

Even though this one is shorter, I still updated!:)

Comment, vote, be happy:)

I love ya😎