FIFTY SIX: SURPRISE

Arden's POV

I stare at my wife as she hums to herself softly, gazing out the large window to our backyard. Her fluffy red robe falls off one shoulder as she stirs her coffee before taking a small sip and setting it down.
Already my cock jerks, wanting me to move closer to her. Neither she nor I was happy when we woke to an empty bed. I glance over at the clock, wondering how much time we have before the kids come running down the stairs. Probably not much since it's Christmas morning. Not to mention how exhausted the twins were yesterday evening at Caleb's, that doesn't do the trick. Still, I'll take my chances. I know I won't get much alone time with my wife today. The house is going to be filled with family and friends (every Christmas Morning is our turn to host as a tradition), something I normally enjoy, but right now my mind only has one focus and it's my wife, who somehow managed to slip out of bed on me.

She hasn't done that since the very first night I made love to her, our one drunken night. I smile at the memory. It doesn't feel like seven years has passed, but it has. Every year is more than I could have ever asked for.

She peeks over her shoulder at me, giving me a playful smile. "You never let me get far, do you?" When she turns, her robe slips farther off her shoulder. She bites her lip in full knowledge at what she's doing to me. I suck in a breath when her robe falls open, baring the same skimpy red negligee she wore last night when we'd gotten done playing Santa Claus. Payback for making me wear last nights golden girl sweater. But I thought I ruined that lingerie. I could have sworn I heard the fabric rip, but it wasn't where my mind was at the time. I'd tossed it behind us as I pushed her down onto the bed.

"It's a different one. I like it, so don't rip this one," she warns. I would laugh at the fact she knew in advance she'd need extra negligees. But I'm too turned on to "laugh. "It actually fits with my baby bump." She motions to the little bump that's made itself very known these past few weeks.

Remembering clearly how'd I've known she was already pregnant before she even have a clue. She might be having the nerves since we'll tell everyone about the newest addition to our family, that finally we are expecting.

***

Flashback

"Mrs Langley, are Blair and Adi going to be at the fair this weekend?"

I look down at little Angel, her bright blue eyes staring up at her. Her cheeks are a rosy pink and her blonde curls are going in every direction. She looks like a doll. She's one of the sweetest little girl Belle ever met.

"I'll have the twins with me," Belle tell her.

Angel claps excitedly, jumping up and down before turning to run over to her mom. She give her a small wave and she does the same back. She try not to have favorites with the kids, but Angel pulls at her heartstrings. Not just her's either. She has captivated my twins, too.

When we come to the library, they're always sitting right next to her. It's kind of adorable. Every time we get home from the work the first thing the twins tell us is about Angel at the library. Belle had ask me one time if she should reach out to her mom to have a standing play date with the twins.

Belle and I didn't protect ourselves against having kids after the twins, but we were never trying either. We said if it happened it happened, but it never did. I knew when she had the twins, labor was hard for her, it was my darkest moment seeing her in so much pain, that's why I never insist on having another child, never have talked about it and we'd never taken the time to look into why we hadn't gotten pregnant. We left it all up to fate, knowing that if we were going to have another child, we would.