TWO

Arden's POV

"Arden!" Belle squealed, bursting through his bedroom door.

I remember the last time she barged in my room like this, exactly this way. Calling my name with same intensity.

"Arden!" She squealed, bursting through his bedroom door and seated beside him on his bed.

He instantly snapped his head up, clearly confused by her excitable state and likely a little bit peeved about her lack of consideration towards his review notes. We had our Math exam coming up and to say I was way more prepared than her was putting it mildly.

Although, it was to be expected, given I am a straight-A student.

"If I fail this exam, it's on you," I stated.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I have exciting news." She replied, staring at his eye frame - his looking inch a hunk with them on.   She's grinning at him like some crazed lune." It's official; I'm no longer a girl." She smile widely, proud as punch.

My eyebrows knitted together, confirming my confusion regarding her announcement and as she was forced to face palm him as he failed to follow her statement, she sighed.

"Did you get your period or something?" I ask out of nowhere.

"Yeah!" She nods continuously.

Oh, my fucking hell! I guessed it right! Darn!

"Aren't you supposed to tell that to your mom first?" I questioned her.

"Already did. She's happy about it. But my dad —- eeh, not so much."

"That's to be expected. Knowing your dad, he's probably scheming on putting you in cage." I said joking. And I got back to my paper.

She ignore my comment. "Since your my best friend, I'm telling you this important milestone of my life."

My facial expression becomes sad. She catches that and she looks a little unsure of my reaction. Oh crap! She wasn't supposed to see that.

She stared straight at my eyes - I bet she's checking my expression for a few short seconds.

I stop her by asking a question before she reads what that look truly meant "What was it like?" I ask, her curiosity gone. I'm eyeing her in such a way that would suggest I was checking for any physical changes on her.

"It hurt a bit." She admitted, seating herself into a comfortable position across my outstretched legs.

"Do you need to go to the hospital? Have you had yourself check?" I ask, concern is written all over my face. And not being able to breath while waiting for her answer.

"I'm fine. My mom said it's normal to feel this way." She explained. I exhaled, thankful that it's nothing serious.

"Okay, that's good then." I sigh with relief and smiled.

~~~

Belle's POV

"Arden!" I repeat a bit louder, looking at him with concern in my eyes. I slowly repositioned my head closer to his and searched his expression for any signs of distress.

I squeeze his hand softly and that was all it took to bring Arden back to reality; the ice blue color of Arden's eyes gently reminding him of my presence.

"I lost you for a moment there. Everything okay?"

"I'm fine." Arden smiles. His smile ease my mind slightly. "Just remembering exactly this scene before, like deja vu. Like the time you told me about your period."