FORTY TWO: A DREAM?

Belle's POV

I pause outside the door to the twins room  and listen as Arden reads to them. When I peek in, Adi is already fast asleep, and Blair is now having the droopy eyelids while Arden continues to read and stops as soon as his completely sure that Blair is already in dreamland. It's been two years but the memory of us starting out as parent is still fresh in my memory seems just it's a week ago.

The last six weeks after giving birth to the twins have been a learning curve, not with just the twins, but with Arden and I, too. He supports me on taking care of the twins for awhile on our own, I mean, no hired nursies slash nannies. We've learned how to live to being parents at a record speed. The nightly nursing, Adi and Blair not wanting to sleep, waking up every two hours, to feed, or because their diaper was wet, didn't matter.

Remebering how loud our babies wail pierced through the night, and it made me groan sometimes.

"That would be Blair." He muttered. I knew I only had a few minutes before his brother Adi woke up crying.

"I got her, baby. Go back to bed." Arden stood up and kissed my forehead.

Arden was awesome, hands on dad and was up the instant one of the twin cries in the middle of the night or dawn, letting me sleep and him taking charge the whole time on the night watch.

It wasn't until he had to go out of town that week did I really learn to get into the groove of doing it on my own.

It was hard the first day, I won't lie. I called my mom and his mom and they came and helped me learn how to use the breast pump to give me a little break. That way I could do both. They were absolute godsend. Not to mention they watched Adi and Blair (which they insist on calling Lance & Joey), so I could nap.

My eyes wander back to Arden, he glances up when I open the door and he closes the book. He puts his fingers to his lips and switches on the baby monitor in between the twins crib. He adjust Adi's jammies and Blair's blankie, strokes each of their cheeks, then straightens up and tiptoes over to me without making a sound. It's hard not to giggle at him.

Out in the hallway, Arden pulls me into embrace. "Adi and Blair is finally asleep." Arden gave me that signature smirk of his, exposing his dimple and God was he the most attractive man I'd ever seen. "Blair made me read her three books tonight." He chuckles. "God, I love them. But it's great when their asleep." He murmurs against my lips.

" I couldn't agree with you more." I laughed softly. That was our Blair, a rambunctious, stubborn little girl who had her daddy wrapped around her little finger.

I stare at him quietly, still marveling at Arden's capacity for play. His patience with the twins is extraordinary—much more so than with me. I snort. But then that's how it should be. And my beautiful twins are the apple of both our eyes, they knows no fear. Arden, on the other hand is still too protective—of the three of us. My sweet, gorgeous, hot husband.

He gazes down at me, eyes soft. "I can hardly believe they've been with us for two years."

"I know." I kiss him and grin.

"I want to set up the twins present for tomorrow." He takes my hand and we head downstairs. His excitement radiates off him. Arden has been waiting for this moment all day.

"Do you think they'll like it?" His anxious gaze meets mine.

"They'll love it. For about two minutes. Arden, they're only two." I reminded him.

Arden has finished setting up the train set he bought for Adi and the huge dollhouse he bought for Blair. Arden is excited for the sun to rise, he can't wait to see the surprise look on our kids faces. I'm pretty sure the toys will probably last for a week before they're completely destroyed.