THIRTY: MR & MRS

Belle's POV

The weather is fine today, the sun brought happiness to every corner of the city. The most exclusive villa here at hudson lower manhattan is busy. The parking lot outside was infested with various luxury cars. The scene was as attractive as a large-scale car exhibition. Lines of bodyguards in black maintained order and protected everyone in the venue. As soon as an outsider tried to draw close, they would be immediately asked to leave!

Everyone was curious about the intimate scene, although we were puzzled how they knew about the occasion today. We were very discreet about it.

The entertainment column headlines about us getting hitched, With the captions of  'Arden Langley, the most eligible bachelor and the only heir to the Langley Group, is tying the knot with Belle Campbell, the only daughter of the Mckinley -Campbell chains of hotel.'

Our wedding was covered by all major newspapers, magazines. So much for a private wedding. Some commented it as extravagant, and others took it for granted.

They admired the Mckinley -Campbell chains of Hotel and Langley Group for its great fortune and Arden for marrying such a pretty woman!

They have set up the marquee as the largest banquet hall and furnished as the outdoor venue for the wedding today. Under the lights, the baby pink veils, ball-flowers, and crystal ornaments reflected the dreamiest colors. On the large wedding photo, the groom looked down at the bride gently. When the guests passed by it, they couldn't help but admire our photo, commenting how lovely couple we are.

The wedding is about to finish in ten minutes. In the venue, people are silent and teary eyed, staring with each other with thoughtful smiles!

All in all, I'd say, it's a magnificent wedding, where everyone was dressed up to impress and our small crowd mis exuberant.

"You may kiss the bride." The reverend announces.

I beam at my husband. Yes, my husband! Who would've thought that I'd marry my best friend. Well — maybe our mom? They're practically planning since we were ten or eleven-ish.

"Finally." He whispers and pulls me into his arms and kisses me chastely on the lips.

I am now Mrs Belle Campbell - Langley.

"You look very beautiful, Wife." Arden murmurs and smiles, his eyes glowing with love. I love the sound of that, 'wife'.

His smile heats a hundred degrees as his fingertips trail down my cheek, igniting my blood.

I glance at the crowd gathered in their wedding finery... My mom and dad, and the Langley's, also our friends are all applauding— even Lizzie, my maid of honor, who looks stunning in baby pink as she stands beside Arden's best man, my brother Caleb. My brother really knows how to dress well. I never thought I'd marry before him. Turns out Lizzie is not yet ready. And Caleb is willing to wait until she is.

Everyone wear huge, beaming smiles — except my mom obviously, she weeps graciously into a dainty white handkerchief.

"Ready to start the party, Wife?" Arden ask, giving me his shy smile. I melt. He looks divine in his simple black tux.

He's so —- dashing! And he's mine!

"Born ready." I grin, a totally goofy smile on my face.

The wedding party is in full swing. As I circulated among the guests, I felt Arden's eyes on me. Whenever I turned back to look at him, he was staring at me intently. At times with a hint of a smile on his face, other times with an expression so carnal it made her blush from head to toe.