FIFTY THREE: THE DRESS

Belle's POV

As he drives, he picks up my hand and kisses my palm.

"Does your hand hurt, muffin?" His eyes are filled with concern, but I can still see the anger simmering below.

Most people might not think so, but I know Arden showed a level of control in there. We're all lucky he didn't burn the whole building down.

I shake my head as he runs his thumb across it. There was a small sting I felt when I smacked Mark, but it's fading fast. I'm still shocked that I did it. When he tried to feel me up at the same time as making another comment about my husband, I lost it. I didn't even know how strong my fist are until this evening. An anger rushed forward like I'd never felt before and I was striking him before I was even aware I was doing it.

I snuggle into him as his hands roam my back, breathing in his scent. The smell of him calms me down even more. Being close to him always feels safe. Arden is pulling over and unbuckling me from my seat. He brings me over to him and holds me in his lap.

"Muffin." He places kisses all over my face.

"I punched someone," I blurt out. I watch as he tries to fight a smile, and I smack his chest. "Don't laugh."

"I'm sorry, but it was funny. You must admit it." He says it like hitting someone is a natural thing to do. "You're a badass, I'm so proud of you."

I throw my hands up in the air. "It's a mess is what it is."

I drop my head, but Arden makes me look back up at him. "No, that fucker deserve it. Don't worry about him, we can handle him, we have a great lawyer. "He winks at me and gives me that smile, showing that dimple of his, that always turns me into a soft marshmallow.

I nod and chuckle because I know his right. He leans in, kissing me, and it's so soft and sweet. I know, I shouldn't worry about a piece of shit like Mark.

I groan when I hear Arden's phone ring. He ignores it, but I pull back. "It might be important," I say, wiggling off his lap. He fishes out his phone and answers it.

"Will,"he says, and my eyes lock with his. He plays with the top of my dress, pulling it down a little to show more cleavage. He's acting like he doesn't have a care in the world as he listens to Will tell him about the fallout from what just happened.

"Thanks, man, I owe you," he says before tossing his phone onto the dashboard.
"How about I take my wife home, we can have dinner with our twin, then I can have you?"

"You already have me," I remind him.

"How about—"

I cut him off. "How about you tell me what Will said?" I raise an eyebrow and wait.

"Like I said, muffin. Everything is fine. I don't want you to ever think about that fucker again."

"Fine." I roll my eyes like I'm annoyed. Arden just smiles as I get in my seat and buckle up.

When we pull up to the house he comes around to open my door. "Don't change out of that dress. I'll be taking it off you tonight after the twin go to bed."

I really like this dress and I know from the look in Arden's eyes it's probably going to be meeting its end tonight.

Before I can respond the twins come racing out of the house, yelling for us. Cleo and Marie trailing behind them, Arden silently thanking them both, giving them the gesture that they're done for the day. The twins rush into me and if it wasn't for Arden I would have landed on my ass. The twins might only be turning five, but they are growing up so fast, especially Adi whose well on his way to being his father's size.