FORTY EIGHT: GREEN EYED MONSTER STRIKES AGAIN (2/2)

Arden's POV

Three minutes later, we're on the lobby. Our ride arrive, both of us settling into the backseat, our energy is different. We're still sitting a distance apart, but there isn't a world between us. Just the conversation we need to have, that we can't have until we are alone.

The car starts to move, and for now, I focus on the other important conversation we can have, when Belle ask, "How much did you drink?"

"It's a couple of glass," I says.

"You have slept, right?" The slight twinkle in her eye told me she wasn't upset about it.

I laughs. "I'm sensing you're distate."

She scoff and rotate to face me. "No, I'm worried about you're health."

My eyes meet hers, "I did get enough sleep. I swear to you."

"Did you really?"

"Scout's honor, and yes, I was a scout. You knew that. My mother thought it would teach me self-preservation and good manners at that time."

Now she laugh. "I saw those manners tonight," she comment, lowering her voice, and repeating my words to the mystery man. "Get your hands off my wife."

"An asshole gets asshole treatment."

"You didn't know that he was an asshole at that point, despite the fact that he is. You didn't even know who he was."

I reaches down and grabs her thigh, pulling her next to me, and behind the driver's seat, heat flaming between us instantly.

My fingers flex on her leg and I leans in close, lowering my head near hers, my voice low, intimate, for her ears only. "I saw how he was looking at you. I knew he wanted you. I made sure he knew that wasn't going to happen." I cups her face, cheek pressed to mine. "I made sure he knows he has to go through me to get to you." I eases back, and even in the darkness and shadows, the flicker of passing lights illuminate the hard lines of determination on my handsome face and the heat of possession burning in my eyes.

She lean in and press her lips to mine. I cup her head in that hot, possessive way I do her, and kisses her to the point I really want to fuck her right here, in this car. And when she pulls back and gives me a smile, I settle on sliding my arm around her shoulders to hold her close for the rest of the ride, for now.

***

The car pulls inside the driveway and halts. I open the door and exit the car, offering Belle my hand.

Belle's hand presses to mine and I help her out of the car, but beyond a quick glance at her mouth that really needs to be kissed again, and soon, I quickly greet the driver, and told him to go home and rest as well. I motion Belle forward, and we fall into step, side-by-side in our walk toward our house, where for six hours I will have this woman nearly all to myself, much like I needed.

I open the door almost immediately—looking every bit the sexy businessman barbarian, with my jacket and tie now gone. I back up in silent and allowing Belle to enter. She step forward, onto the dark gray, almost black floor, into the foyer with a dangling light, the fruity, flowery scent of Belle everywhere, consuming me. I shuts the door behind her and she whirl around to face me. She blink, and I dragged her to me, my hand is under her hair, on her neck, and my legs pressed to hers.

"Kiss me," She say, looking desperate for my mouth on her mouth. We both could be as loud as we wanted right now. My mom has our little one's today and I give our house keepers a day off. We're the only ones home.

My mouth closes down on hers, a crash of passion and demand that is everything I need, and I do need. She tugs at my shirt and I tug at her dress. It's a matter of seconds and her dress peels off, she's braless, I drop to my knew spread her legs and yank away her underwear and pressed her against the wall naked, and I've brilliantly managed to get my shirt off. Or maybe she just took it off. I don't care. I'm closer to naked, and as she is. My fingers tangle in her hair, rough, erotic, and I think of her laying naked right at the same moment that I'm tugging at her nipple, and she moan into my mouth. I responds with a low guttural sound, impatiently working my way down her body. My hands move, sliding under, impatience in my touch as I pulled her body towards me, while she's left panting when I'm down on a knee. My mouth settles on her belly with a lick of my tongue following, where I lingers just long enough to drive her insane. For her to want my hand, my mouth. And to want me inside her.