FORTY: BABIES

Arden's POV

Our momentum had become more and more fierce. After six months, we have expanded the business to Europe. Recently, we have just returned from the Arctic. The company would start a multi-billion dollar project there.

If this project went well, Campbell and Langley's status would be further enhanced. Together with the rest of their team, and partners Riley, Wren and Kyrie. By then, no one in the City should be able to compete with them.

Decades of overly conservative business moves and dwindling capital has brought Campbell and Langley's to still in business. Then we took over. And it was not just old-money name, and not even our Ivy League education that had been responsible for bringing her thrice it's high standing over more than three years. That had been us, our sheer force of will, team work and our business strategies. Along with seventeen-hour work days and a thousand sleepless nights on business trips.

The long hours are over for me and Caleb now. Campbell and Langley's stable and performing consistently, and there's nothing that Caden and the rest of our friends slash business partners Riley, Wren and Kyrie can't handle. They had been with me and Caleb neck deep for the long haul and knew almost as much about running the company as we did. I can work three, four days a week tops now. Also, I don't have to go to business trips more often (unless really necessary). Now, I can go on stay with my beautiful wife as I've been planning from the start of our married life. There couldn't be a better time to focus all my efforts on Belle and our coming babies. I'm already loving him or her with all of my heart. I promised myself and Belle, that the two of them will be my main priority now. There's nothing in the world that matters most to me than her and our babies.

It was noon, several luxury cars drove slowly toward the hotel. My Bugatti is particularly eye-catching. The crowd stirred when they saw the several 8 on the license plate which represented prominent status.

"Arden Langley... Look, it's him... Here he comes!"The journalists waiting outside the hotel all lifted their cameras and started capturing photos, apart from the journalists, there were full crowd of people standing on the streets. I have no idea how they knew we will held a meeting at this particular branch of our hotel.

The car steadily parked at the entrance door of the hotel. The man in gloves stepped forward respectfully and pulled the car door. The first thing sticking out of the car was a pair of shiny leather shoes.

I bent over and came out of the car. "God, what a fine look!" Someone in the crowd sighed in awe.

"He looks much better than the one on the TV and magazines!"

The flashes were so flickering that people couldn't open their eyes, but I walked calmly, leaving people's admiration behind him. My assistant Jaden, followed me closely walking through the hotel lobby. Jaden rushed a few steps ahead to open the elevator door for me.

Before the elevator door closed, a figure flashed through. "Wait a minute!" I said in a hurry, but it was too late. The door closed. "Jaden, check Caleb, Caden, Riley, Wren and Kyrie if they've already arrived."

"Yes, Sir. They have already arrived except for Sir Caleb, he's still stuck in a meeting earlier and will be a few minutes late."

I nod in understanding. "What's my schedule today? After this meeting."

"Meet Mr. Jensen at 1:00 pm. At 3:00 pm, go to the foster home to do charity. Mr. Tramell will treat you to a dinner meeting tonight at 6:00 pm which you have already agreed." Jaden looked at the notes in iPad. "By the way, Ma'am Belle will not come to the banquet tonight..."

"I'll be with my wife, you'll attend the banquet tonight for me!" I instructed Jaden.

I'm thankful when Belle's first trimester was over because the unpleasant effect of her early pregnancy disappear. During the start of her second trimester, the nausea decreased, she had better sleep patterns and an increased energy level. Which was good for her, and for my sanity.