*Plane Rides and Lake Sides*

Charlie's POV

    Oh my god. My head hurts. I said to myself in my head. I rolled over and let out a loud groan.

   My phone then began ringing which instantly made my head hurt worse.

   I groaned and looked over to my desk to see my phone leaned up against a makeshift tripod. My tripod being one of the items holding my phone up.

   Half asleep I reached over and grabbed my phone and put it to my ear.

  "Hello." I said but my voice came out raspy.

   "Good morning, how did you sleep after last night?" Jacobs voice rang through my phone speaker.

    Snip bits and pieces came back to me slowly. I remember Ben and I getting drunk, and me sayi-. My eyes widened and my mouth drop.

    "You asked me to come to America." He said after a few moments of silence. I looked down at my phone and shrugged.

    "Then come to America. It's not like I can stop you." I said simply.

   "Do you want me to come?" He asked again. Honestly, i am not sure of that answer.

   "Yes, no. I don't fucking know. Do what you please. I'm going back to bed." I replied closing my eyes.

  "I'll be there by 7." He said before the call cut out. Finally peace and quiet.

   "Girl wake up! I made pancakes."

************************

   I walked out of my bathroom and threw my phone onto my bed. I walked out into the livingroom to see Ben sitting there with a tub of ice cream in his hands watching the Notebook. The whole livingroom was an absolute mess.

"Hey get this place cleaned up. We are having company." I pointed at him. He gave me a quick nod.

   "The pancakes are on the counter." He responded. I gave him a small smile and muttered a thank you.

"May I ask who?" He questioned.

"Jacob." I said before walking into the kitchen. I picked up the pizza boxes from yesterday along with some cups. I washed all the dishes before grabbing a plate of pancakes.

When I walked into the living room I have expected it to be a mess, but this time the livingroom was clean while Ben was passed out hugging the tub of ice cream close to him. I smiled and grabbed a blanket off the back of the couch and laid it over him.

*************************************

By the time I had looked back at the clock it was 6:30. I had texted Jacob the address to our apartment so he could get a taxi here.

Ben woke up about 2 hours ago and decided to make him and I some Alfredo and oh god it was heavenly. I had two servings of it. Plus I had a cosmic brownie after for dessert.

At exactly seven I heard a knock on the door. With a smile I stood up and made my way over. As soon as I opened the door I was pulled into a hug by an all to familiar red head.

"Charlie!" She yelled hugging me tighter.

"Oh my god Victoria what are you doing here!" I exclaimed looking at her with a smile.

"Well I was in New York for a modeling gig and Jacob told me he was coming here to see you and I of course just had to see how much you've changed!" She explained. Her eyes scanned over my frame and her smile grew.

"Is Jacob here yet?" I asked after we pulled away completely. She shook her head.

"No his plane got delayed an hour so he said he'd be here at eight." She said and I gave her a quick nod.

"So how have you been?" I asked as we sat down around my kitchen counter.

"Well I got engaged." She said while her eyes cast down to her hand. A shiny diamond ring sat on her finger.

"Oh my god to who! Was it that black haired boy you posted on insta!" I questioned excitedly. She smiled brightly and nodded.

"His name is Noah. We met in my Math class in LA. He's perfect Charlie. He is the sweetest person you could ever meet. He like tames me i guess you could say." She said with a huge smile.

"I'm really happy for you Vickie!" I said hugging her. She giggled and hugged me back.

"So a little bird told me you are a gang leader now." She said nudging me. I smiled down at the table and nodded.

"I worked really hard and I became the first female gang leader. Ben is my right hand man. He's here somewhere, probably passed out." I said laughing, she joined in agreeing.

Speaking of the devil Ben walked in looking half asleep. He glanced at Vickie slightly before freezing. His eyes widened.

"VicVic." Ben yelled saying the name he created for her in high school. She laughed and stood up, almost instantly she was attacked in a hug.

As they were reconnecting a knock sounded at the door. I excused myself and made my way towards it. I pulled it open to reveal Jacob.

   "Ben I'm going out." I yelled out a quickly grabbed my coat off the hanger next to the door. I pushed Jacob softly to move forward towards the sidewalk.

   "We need to talk before you go into my home." I muttered and began walking down the sidewalk.

  We kept walking in silence until we came to a park that sat along the lake. Multiple benches had been placed facing towards the water and during this time of year it was a beautiful sight to see.

  I sat down on the bench and waited for Jacob to sit too.

   "I miss you. You know that right." Jacob said, breaking the silence. I bit down onto my lower lip and shook my head.

  "Jacob don't. You can't say stuff like that anymore." I said looking ahead at the water.

  "I can't help it Charlie. I do miss you. I really do." He said, turning to look at me. I shook my head again.

  "You can't just go and say stuff like that after everything you did when you left. It's not fair to me." I replied looking over towards him. His jaw was clenched tight but he kept his gaze on me.

   "All I can say is that I'm sorry for that. I want to make it better. I want to make it up to you Charlie. So I am going to be staying in New York for a bit. To prove that I want to make this better." He rambled. I pursed my lips and looked back out at the water.

  "I don't know if you can fix what you had already destroyed Jacob." I said looking back at him.