*Word On the Streets*

Charlie's POV

The lime had pulled up the a ginormous mansion. You could hear the brakes of the limo as it pulled to a stop. The door opened and revealed a long red carpet leading to the mansion. Guards stood on either sides of the doors. A man in a black suit put out his hand and helped each of us out of the limo.

We walked towards the front door and were about to go in but we were stopped by two guards. One was holding a clipboard.

"Name of your gang." The guy said nonchalantly.

"Manu koraka" The guards eyes looked us over. With a simple nod he stepped away. Our name comes from Hawaii and means crow.

Girls in long big dresses and men in sleek tux's stood all over inside the building. Classical music played while some couples waltzed across the dance floor.

The building itself was probably worth more than my life. Gold detailing littered the walls. Smooth birch wood lined the walls as well. It was completely gorgeous.

"Holy shit." Ben gaped next to me. I looked at him and smiled.

"This king dude must be important. They even gave him a thrown." Kat said motioning towards the thrown that sat in the front of the room. I didn't notice it until now.

"Does anyone even know who this king guy is?" Gavin asked wrapping his arm tightly around Kat who was eyeing everything with a wary expression.

"No one knows. I guess he has been building up his power for the past few years. The way everyone described him he sounds scary as hell." Ben mumbled.

"Gavy lets go dance!" Kat said pulling him towards the dance floor. People eyed us with confusion while some eyed me with lust. Disgusting pigs. I straightened my posture and turned to Ben only to see him talking to a guy. Well that was fast.

I made my way towards a long table that held snacks and drinks.

"Oh Charlie is that you?" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around to see Austin giving me a large smile. I smiled back softly.

"What are you doing here!" He exclaimed pulling me into a small hug.

"Oh uh I was invited by someone." I'm mumbled. I can't let him know the real reason why I am here quite yet. He will find out later.

"Oooo. Was it a guy." He said crossing his arms with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at his childish ways. Just like high school I swear.

"Not like it matters but no. I came here with my cousin." I said looking over the snacks. I was about to reach forward and grab something when a hand stopped mine.

"I don't recommend eating those. The last time I had one I was on and off the toilet for days." Austin said with a look of horror. I smiled at him and shook my head slightly.

"Thanks for the warning." I said with a laugh before grabbing a cookie off the tray. The chocolatey goodness exploded my tastebuds.

"It was lovely talking to you Charlie, but I must run along. Maybe I could catch a dance later?" He questioned with a smile. I gave him a small one back.

"Of course." I said. He gave me one last smile before walking into the sea of people.

   I finished off my cookie before I turned around and came face to face with the sea of people. I sighed and was about to join them when a hand wrapped around my arm. My head snapped to the side to come face to face with someone familiar.

    "Dickhead." I said with a fake smile. He had faked a hurt expression and put his hand over his heart.

   "Ouch that hurts. Out of all names you chose that one?" He asked with a small laugh.

    "Well you had never told me your name so I had to improvise, so I chose the name the fits you most." I said crossing my arms. He smiled at me showing off his dimples.

Playing with The Devil *Book 2*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें