*letter 2*

Jacob's POV

   I sat at my desk, my leather notebook sat in front of me. A graphite pencil laid sideways across the cover. Back while my mother was still alive she told me that when all else in life had gone wrong, write in a journal. Let the journal be the way to let my emotions out.

   I haven't touched the journal since 7th grade but as everything happened it felt like a perfect time for the journal to come back out. I didn't know how I could apologize to her so I wrote her letters. She will never see these betters, but I wrote them.

Quickly deciding I wanted to write her another one I picked up the wooden pencil and opened up the journal to the next empty page.

Dear My darling Charlie,

Cade talked to me today. He didn't say much just that we ran out of milk and to tell the workers to get more. He is still mad at me. I don't blame him. I'm mad at me too.

Hannah is back to normal. Working late nights at the cafe a town over. She was very disappointed in me Charlie. She finally got to seen you after telling me for years about how you made her want to live her life because YOU visited her when no one else did.

   Austin was also very disappointed in me. He misses you. He also just got your friendship back after five years and I tore that away from him. He at least talks to me like normal.

  Hell Charlie even Amalia told me what I did was dumb. I agree. I know it's dumb... I KNOW it's dumb, but it's too late. You're gone.

The house just doesn't feel the same anymore. It's quiet. Not saying you were loud but you made everyone in the house talkative. You made this dark and gloomy place a happy and bright one. Now it's back to being sad and gloomy.

I don't leave my office much. I sleep on the couch in here. The couch where at one point you and I both laid on while wrapped in each other's arms. Shit. I can't think about this.

   How do I apologize to someone who doesn't even want to talk to me? To the girl who I am completely head over heels in love with? My person. My rock. My Charlie.

   How do I make this right when you said that when you walked away that I ruined everything I worked so hard to get back.

   How do I make this right again because I simply can't and refuse to live a life without you in it.