*the impossible is possible?*

Charlie's POV

"Luke." I mumbled out breathlessly. The smirk he wore grew.

"Hello Charlie." My whole body felt numb. This isn't true. I must be in some sick dream.

"This isn't real. You're dead." I spoke shaking my head.

"It is very much real." He mumbled sitting in a chair in front of me. I just shook my head.

"No. You were dead. I saw your body at the hospital. I watched your heart stop beating. I went to your funeral. You were dead." I mumbled. I felt numb.

"I got into some deep shit and had to go under the radar for a while. The hospital owed me for something and so they put me in a coma making it appear that I had died. When you all left the hospital they woke me up." He explained with a shrug. I just shook my head again.

"I was at your funeral." I mumbled out. I wasn't sad persay. Very caught off guard.... yes.

   "The casket was closed. I was never there." He said with a simple shrug. I mean I used to wonder why they kept the casket shut but I thought it was just because his parents didn't want anyone else to see how beat up he was.

   "I-I loved you. I mourned over you for 2 years. That whole time I blamed myself." I said shaking my head. He scrunched his eyes rows at me in questioning way.

   "Why would you blame yourself?" He asked genuinely confused.

   "You told me you were going for a drive after our argument. Then the cops called and said they found you at the bottom of a bridge. You were dead. If I hadn't had started that argument." I said eyeing him. He purses his lips and put his hands together. The

   "I never meant to hurt you Charlie." He said slowly. I scoffed.

   "How could you have not hurt me. I was your girlfriend. I was in love with you." I exclaimed. He shifted uncomfortably.

   "I didn't want you to get pulled into this. If it wasn't for you stumbling upon Jacob you still wouldn't be in this. You shouldn't have gone back to him Charlie." Luke said staring straight at me.

  "You pulled me into this the moment you first took a photo of my in my underwear." I snapped. Luke rolled his eyes.

   "I did what I had to do to get Jacob's attention. You, me, him, and his side kicks were the only ones who ever saw the photos. I'm low but I'm not that low." He mumbled. I chuckled before rolling my eyes.

    "Who the fuck takes a picture of someone in their underwear anyway. You're sick." I gritted out. He laughed at my response. A deep and genuine laugh.

   "Charlie, do you think that when I faked my death I stopped loving you?" He questioned after maybe five minutes of silence. I moved my gaze up to him with a questioning look.

   "Obviously. You faked your death to get away from me. What else am I supposed to think." I snapped out. He shrugged.

"Well you're wrong. Charlie you my dear were the love of my life." He said looking at me in the eyes. I couldn't see a trace of anything false between his dark green eyes. I looked away and shook my head.

   "You have gotten more confident I see. It quite fits you honestly." Luke spoke standing up. He walked around me and looked me up and down. I shifted uncomfortably.

"You know, if it weren't for me you probably wouldn't be this way." He shrugged leaning against the wall. I scrunched my eyebrows out of confusion and looked at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He smirked.

"Well I was the one who made Jacob run off back to Italy all those years ago. That's around when your confidence started right." My jaw clenched and I looked towards the floor.

"Exactly my point." His voice rang through my ears but I desperately wanted it to go away.

"Why drag Laura and Mike into this." I asked looking up towards him again. He gave a look like he was thinking before he responded.

"They are a soft spot to you. They can make you do things that others can't." He said as if he were the smartest person ever.

"You're a monster." I gritted out. He let out a deep and loud laugh that bounced off the walls of cell. The laugh sent chills down my spine.

"Ah Charlie. All that I am doing is for the greater good. Once Sinclair is out of the picture I will be number one. Things will finally get done." He said simply. I rolled my eyes.

"And once he is gone I want you by my side. We can become powerful. You and I both will be number one. It will be as if I had never left." He spoke with a sickening smile. I scowled at him.

"I will never rule beside you." I gritted out. He laughed and flicked on a light. My eyes looked over to a one way glass where Laura sat in a chair tied up. Blood dripped from her forehead and she was knocked out cold.

"Now would you like to change your mind? Her life depends on it." He laughed making my stomach twist into knots. He quickly flicked off the light making the glass disappear and I could no longer see Laura.

   "You're crazy!" I yelled. He simply shrugged with a smirk.

"You won't get away with this." I said lowly. He once again let out a chuckle. He slowly walked over towards me. Slowly he leaned down towards me ear, his lips slightly hitting my cheek and he moved closer to my ear.

"Darling, I pretty much already have." His breath fanned across my cheek. I tried to move away but since I was tied to the chair I couldn't move.

He moved back a little before pressing a soft kiss to my cheek. I quickly leaned my head as far away from him as I could go. With a stiff nod he leaned back and began walking towards to the cell door. As he opened it, he paused.

"And Charlie." His voice said which made me look up towards him.

"I will always love you no matter what happened." He said before leaving the room and shutting the door behind him.