Ch.52 A New Development

Start from the beginning

Rukia looks in my direction. I simply nod my head.

"See? Now..."

Ichigo turns and faces the two captains. Ukitake's eyes were wide as he stares at my brother.

 Ukitake's eyes were wide as he stares at my brother

"Byakuya...who is that?"

"He's a nobody."

I glare at the back of Byakuya's head.

"He's not related to the person laying behind you. He's not important. He's just a Ryoka, that I will destroy."

"Don't be so arrogant."

Byakuya turns his head so he can stare me down from the corner of his eye. Ukitake just fully turns my way.

"I have no doubt in my mind my brother will win against someone like you."

"Now who's sounding arrogant? Watch, as I defeat him right before your eyes."

"I like to see you try. Besides, a brother who doesn't even care that his own sister is going to be executed doesn't deserve to live in my eyes. I still can't believe you two are related. Family is extremely important. How can you just follow the law and let Rukia be sentence to death?"

"...I don't have to explain myself to a lowly Ryoka."

"...If she was my sister, I would do everything in my power to save her from these ludicrous laws you soul reapers have."

"..."

"..."

The two of us were staring each other down. His ice-cold glare won't affect me like last time. I believe in Ichigo. I know he'll come out on top. There's still hope.

"I hate to see you two fighting."

I break the gaze and look around.

It was the voice again. However, it left as quickly as it came. I shake my head, gathering my thoughts. Looking pass the two captains, I face Ichigo.

"Ichigo!"

"Yeah?"

"Make sure you beat this guy. I want to bring Rukia back home with us already."

He grins at my words.

"That's the plan."

With a determined smile, I nod my head.

"Good... And you better win. Cause if you don't..."

I send him an freezing glare, making him sweat a bit.

"You won't have to worry about the soul reapers killing you."

"Geez, I get it. Stop with that stupid scary look of yours."

Returning to normal, Ichigo takes a few steps towards Byakuya while he did the same.

"Look at you, standing there so carefree. Didn't even move forward while I was talking with everyone."

"Who do you think you are talking too? Why would I need to sneak up on the likes of you? Don't think too highly of yourself, insignificant scum."

Ichigo readies his sword as Rukia and Hanataro fall from the force of Byakuya's incredible spiritual pressure.

...Wait! I can feel it?!

I look at Byakuya's back.

I can! I can finally feel what Ichigo, Nagi, Ganju, and Hanataro could feel. His spiritual is unbelievably strong. So strong, Rukia and Hanataro were struggling to get back on their feet. However, I felt fine.

His power didn't seem to affect me at all. Why is that? Actually...why does this feeling feel so...comforting? My body feels...safe? Is that really the right word to describe this sensation?

He's the enemy, not a friend. So why... Why does it feel like I'm completely safe around him?! It feels so familiar! And it's not just him.

My eyes shift to Ukitake, who was watching the two.

He feels familiar too. I feel safe as well with him. But why thought?! What is wrong with me?!

Thinking, I find the answer.

It's this world. It's been affecting me ever since Nagi and I got here. Everything is upside down. I...need to go home soon. Before something bad happens to me.

"Oh? Not even a budge in front of this spiritual pressure." Byakuya addresses Ichigo. "It seems that you have gained strength."

"..."

"I don't know how you reacquired the power of a soul reaper, but you should have returned to your normal human life. Instead of throwing away your life that you luckily kept... How foolish."

"I'm not throwing away my life. I'm going to defeat you and then go home with my sister and friends."

"...I said... Don't think highly of yourself."

Byakuya disappears from everyone's sight by using his flash step. However...

"I can see him."