Ch.47 First Aid Is Here

Start from the beginning

"...I never won once...against Captain Kuchiki... Ever since Rukia left...I trained everyday, but I still failed... He's just too strong. Fighting to get Rukia back...is nothing but an impossible dream to me."

Renji lowers his head.

"Kurosaki...please... You have to save Rukia!"

"...I will."

He wants to save Rukia too... I'll ask Ichigo why he had a sudden change of heart later.

Renji falls to the ground, unconscious. A second later, Ichigo does the same.

"Ichigo!"

The four of us instantly hurry to his side. Ganju tries shaking him as he yells.

"Are you okay?! Answer me! Stop messing around, you really want your kid sister to see you like this?!"

"Someone's coming!" Hanataro warns us, looking into the distance. "Wait...there's three- No, maybe five!"

Ganju throws the injured Ichigo over his shoulder.

"If too many people come, it'd be bad for us! Let's go! Hurry up and take us to some where deserted!"

"Right-"

Everyone watches as I begin treating Renji's serious wounds.

"Yo, let's go! We don't have the time to-"

"If he wants to save Rukia too, then he's not the enemy. I can't completely heal him, but I can treat his fatal wounds real fast."

I force myself to work faster than Tessai trained me to.

"Emi, we got to go-"

"Just a few more seconds, please!"

"They're coming." Hanataro sweats.

Finishing up, Nagi grabs my wrist

"We're going! Hanataro lead the way!"

"R-Right."

As the five of us hurry out of there.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"Using some sort of healing powers to heal him? So you guys don't use herbs to heal people?" Ganju questions Hanataro.

"Yes. The other soul reapers can only use their power to fight. However, we in squad four, have healing powers."

"I see..."

The five of us are currently hiding out in an underground tunnel system. In other words, the sewers. Ichigo laid on the ground before Hanataro and I as we work together to help him. Nagi stood on guard while Ganju did the same.

Ganju and Hanataro filled us in on how they met Ichigo and what happened during the three days Nagi and I missed.

"How's his condition?" Nagi questions us.

"Not very good." Hanataro answers. "However, we'll definitely heal him. Just please give us some time. We'll just need one night, then he'll be completely healed."

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

It's the middle of the night, and Hanataro and I were still up. Ganju and Nagi had fallen asleep awhile ago.

"...Miss Emiko...you don't have to stay up. I can handle-"

"I'm fine. I have to make sure Ichigo's okay. I need him to wake up...so I can apologize."

"Apologize?"

"He and I got into a fight before he came to the Soul Society. I said something I wish I could take back."

"...Well, he should be fine. I mean, for a human, you know a lot about healing. You might be as knowledgeable as Captain Unohana."

"Who?"

"She's the Captain of my squad. Just from watching you treat Renji, you wouldn't be able to tell you were a Ryoka. I'm sure the other soul reapers would have just thought you from squad four."

"...I treated his fatal wounds... Hopefully he'll recover soon."

"...You're really caring..."

"..."

I continue to work on Ichigo's body when-

I instantly put both my hands on my head. The headache's back...and it's worse than before.

"A-Are you okay?"

"I'm...fine... Worry about Ichigo, okay? It's just a little headache." I down play it.

"..."

Hanataro takes my bag away.

"I said I'm-"

"Go rest, please. I can finish the rest from here."

"..."

Normally, I would ignore someone like him and continue working, but my head is hurting pretty bad.

"...Okay."

"I promise to get your brother well again."

I smile at him causing his face to turn red.

"Thank you, Hanataro."

"Y-Yeah! N-No p-p-problem!"

I lay down and go to sleep, hoping my head will stop in the morning.