Chapter Twenty - Nine

Start from the beginning

"Whose coming over tonight?"

"Elijah." The couple shared a knowing look when they saw Ian's stiff body.

"I feel better having my brother and your bothers around during my absence." Nikolai sighed as he rounded the table placing his hands on her shoulders. "My flight leaves in two hours, why don't we go set up Ian and Kade in the guest room and get the other one ready." Elaina nodded sucking in the grape chewing on it as she stood up from the chair.

"Amara if you'd like we have some food in the fridge if you want to heat up for you and little Kade to eat." Amara nodded heading over to the kitchen with Kade on her hip.

"Ian come." Nikolai called his older brother who quickly picked up the duffel bag near his feet and followed them with a stiff posture. Elaina had her hand in Nikolai's as they walked down the hall on the first floor to the back rooms which held three empty rooms, two guest rooms and one library for the couple. "I hope you don't mind my brother being here." Elaina stated as she turned to look at Ian who stiffly shook his head.

"No it's fine." Elaina gave him a nod of his head before heading over to the door and opening it.

"This has the biggest bed big enough for you and Kade." Ian muttered a thanks walking into the room and placing the duffel bag on the bed. "My brother will be around later tonight after work, until then please enjoy yourself and look forward to dinner too." Nikolai chuckled at Elaina's excited face.

"No eating cheesecake before dinner, love." Nikolai reminded her before turning to his brother, "Settle in, do whatever you want with this room." Ian chuckled giving them a nod before they walked out leaving him alone with his thoughts.

"Do you think it's evil of us?" Elaina questioned quietly to her husband who laughed shaking his head.

"Not at all." They walked back into the kitchen to see Kaden and his mother eating some homemade spaghetti. "Maybe we should've told him that only Elijah will be staying over instead of rotating with your brothers who are both out of state." Elaina giggled nodding her head.

"I want to see my brothers reaction, I hadn't told him of Ian staying here." Nikolai shook his head at his giggling wife. "And he's bringing more cheesecake."

"Of course he is," Nikolai said, "Mama we'll be heading up to finish packing."

"Elaina better not be moving, Nikolai." His mother stared him down.

"Of course, mama." Nikolai said.

"I just sit there." Elaina giggled, "Nikolai won't let me do anything beside eat and sleep." She shook her head as her husband started to guide her up the stairs. "The remote for the tv is on the coffee table if you guys wish to watch something." She told her mother-in-law before they disappeared up the stairs. Giggling she sped up as they reached the top of the stairs, she waddled into their room and sat herself down on the bed before Nikolai could scold her. In the morning she had tried to help him pack only for him scold her and force her on the bed.

"I don't want to go." Nikolai began to grumble as he started to pack his luggage. Elaina shook her head amused at her grumbling husband.

"You've said that since we woke up this morning, Niko." She smiled, Nikolai groaned shaking his head.

"Is it okay to really leave you to yourself?" He questioned worriedly zipping up his luggage and placing it aside. Seeing the look on her face he chuckled, "I'm worrying too much aren't I?" Elaina nodded.

"You worry too much, Niko." She giggled cupping his face softly as he knelt on the ground beside the bed gently caressing her now six going to seven month belly. He couldn't wait for his children to arrive, yes children. They had found out that they were expecting twins apparently one was hiding behind the older sibling that the ultra sound machine barely caught sight of it until a month ago when they started kicking around. "Mhm maybe I'll take Kade with me to the bakery tomorrow for some fresh cinnamon rolls." Nikolai chuckled shaking his head.