14🌸.

Song - Bad Liar by Selena Gomez.

Ooh you're taking up a fraction of my mind
Oooooh every time I watch you serpentine

Oh I'm tryin', I'm tryin', I'm tryin', I'm tryin', I'm tryin'
Oh tryin', I'm tryin', I'm tryin', I'm tryin', I'm tryin'
Not to think about you
No, no, no, no, not to think about you
No, no, no, no, I'm tryin', I'm tryin', I'm tryin', I'm tryin', I'm tryin'
Oh tryin', I'm tryin', I'm tryin', I'm tryin', I'm tryin'
Not to give in to you
No, no, no, no, not to give in to you

With my feelings on fire
Guess I'm a bad liar

For the next few days , I kept thinking about what Logan said that day. I didn't want to think about it. About him . But I couldn't help myself. I know that Logan doesn't like Jake. In fact he hates him especially for what his father did . That's the more reason why it was convenient for me to say it was Jake I was seeing. Deep down inside of me I wanted to hurt Logan just the way he hurt me and make him stay away from me. I know me wanting to hurt him doesn't make me any better than him and I feel ashamed .

But Logan surprised me. He let me go so that I could be with Jake . He doesn't know I lied to him so he was acting based on what I told him. Since that day I've been feeling a gnawing pang of guilt. Maddie was right. Lying at this point is useless. I should just tell Logan the truth . That's if I can get him to talk to me . He continued ignoring me after that day and it makes a part of me boil with anger. I'm the one that is supposed to be ignoring him not the other way around. I don't even know why I feel angry about this. I'm not supposed to care whether Logan is ignoring me or not since I got what I wanted . I kept repeating "I do not care." to myself to keep me sane .

" Did you say something?" Sierra asked .

" Did I say what?" I snapped out of my thoughts and tuned to her .

" You were muttering something to yourself right now." She pointed out .

" No, it was nothing." I smiled . Damn it. I was probably saying " I do not care about Logan" out loud. It was the last thing I was thinking about.

" Okay." Sierra shrugged . " I'm taking this dress though. It's adorable."  She brought out a white cowl neck dress  from the clothing rack. We were at a boutique on 5th Avenue looking for dresses for Logan's product launch this evening. Mr Gray gave us the day off and a 'clothing allowance' to get ourselves new clothes for this event. He made it clear that we needed to look "exquisite" in his own words, because Logan was also going to announce their partnership and he wanted us to represent his company very well. It was an all white event so everyone had to come dressed in white outfits.

" People are attracted to what they see first, you know ." Mr Gray had said as he ordered us to go home and pamper ourselves in preparation for this evening .In other words, I had to throw away my plan of telling him that I didn't want to attend the event.

" You should buy it . It would look lovely on you." I told her as she removed it from the hanger and walked into the dressing room with it while I continued searching for a dress for myself .

After shopping and spending most of the day at the hair and nail salon with Sierra, I went back home . Maddie helped me get ready for the event. I missed Tess doing my hair and makeup whenever I wanted to go out . Maddie is good at doing stuff like this but Tess is a professional. She actually went to a hair and makeup academy . Still , Maddie did a great job with my hair and makeup.

" You look so good , you're going to turn heads tonight." Maddie said as she dusted my cheek bones with the blush.

" Thanks , that's the idea." I said , smiling at my reflection in the mirror. As usual, Maddie outdid herself .  The nude eyeshadow and bold red lipstick I was wearing went well with the white went with a white blazer dress with a low neck line. My sleek hair fell behind my shoulders giving me a minimalist look. I felt confident and beautiful.