50🌸.

Song - Always be together by Little Mix

We are, friends for life
Hold that, deep inside
Let this, be a drive
To survive
And just stand, high and tall
Make sure you give your all
And if you ever fall
Know that I'm right here...

~~

Emma's POV

Now this is a party I was ecstatic to be at .

Maddie's rehearsal dinner.

It was holding at the Collin's residence in the Hamptons. The house was magnificent , with a wide landscape. A large courtyard with trimmed hedges and lawns , A pool , cabanas and all the other features of the houses owned by the rich and famous in America .

Inside the building had a minimalistic and sophisticated aesthetic with bright interiors and luxury furniture. Again, a sign that the home is owned by a high class individual or set of individuals. Gabriel and Corinne Collins were known to be part of the one percent of the one percent in France but Gabriel had a lot of businesses rooted in America .

The room where the party was happening right now was painted a beige color with lights coming in from the ox-eye windows. The wedding planner alongside the decorators had transformed the ballroom into a classic cocktail event. The colors of the day were baby pink ( of course it was because pink is Maddie's favorite color ), baby blue and beige . The warm tones did well to reflect the summer season .

The hall was filled with people I didn't know. Like Maddie had mentioned in Mexico, the Collins used Maddie and Ron's wedding as an opportunity to reunite with most of their family relations who had been away .

The only people I recognized in the hall were Aisha , Zara , Savannah and Taylor . I was honestly glad to see them again . After locking myself in my house for the rest of the week except for when I went to work, I was happy to see people who only brought great energy. There was no judgment or intrusive questions with them, even though I'm sure they had heard what happened between me and Logan. Even though I'm sure Maddie had something to do with the fact that they didn't mention it but they were also graceful enough to talk about other things and I appreciated that.

I also met Diana who I haven't seen in the longest time . Since Maddie's father died , Diana has been keeping herself busy by traveling the world . I don't even think she's been back in Golden Valley ever since Maddie finished college .

I remember Maddie complaining to me the day I moved to New York that her Mom had started dating again. I also remember telling her to let her Mother find love again. I know how broken Diana was when Lucas died . She mourned her husband for such a long time and I know this because Mom used to go over to their house all the time to comfort her and keep her company.

Granted , Maddie had a meltdown after her father's death but I saw how Diana tried to keep it together and act strong for Maddie even though she was dying on the inside . I was so ecstatic to see her  looking so beautiful and most importantly, happy . Maybe it was because of the handsome stranger beside her that had his arm slung around hers.

" Emma !" She greeted me gleefully as she opened up her free hand for me to give her a hug .

I obliged happily. " Diana. It's been so long."

" My word. You're such a big girl now ." She gushed once we freed ourselves from each other. " I remember when you were running around and playing in the park and now you've grown into a stunning young woman ."

I blush at her compliments. " Thank you ."

" And don't get me started on the job . Maddie has been telling me that you now work in one of the top business enterprises in the U.S . Gray Enterprises ?"