20🌸.

Song - Sorry by Joe Jonas.

Was it the things I said? Can I take them back, baby?
'Cause without you, there's nothing left of me
We can run away, we can change our fate
Baby, what can I do to show you I'm sorry?
Oh, what can I do to show you I'm sorry?

Emma's POV

" I went to Abbie's house after school and I came here from her house." She replied.

" Does Logan know you're here?" I asked as I let her in.

I noticed the scowl on her face as I mentioned Logan's name. " No, Dad doesn't know I'm here but in case he asks don't tell him please."

" Alex your dad must be so worried about you . If he calls to ask about your whereabouts, I have to tell him something." I explained to her.

" Please, I don't want to see him right now." Alex pleaded.

I folded my arms against my chest. " Okay you have to tell me what happened first. Make yourself comfortable. I'll get you some fajitas and then we'll talk."

" Okay." Alex replied with a stiff smile as she sat down on the love seat opposite my television.

I brought her a plate of fajitas and a glass of orange juice. " Now I'm listening."

She took a bite of the fajitas, " Hmm this is so good . So last night me and dad kinda got into a fight."

I frowned. " What happened?"

" Well, he came into my room to check on me before I go to bed like he usually does and he caught me texting this boy I like. His name is Tristan. Then he starts saying that I can't date until I'm eighteen and it's so not fair . I'm fifteen but he still treats me like I'm a baby. All my friends are allowed to go on dates but not me and now I have to tell Tristan that I can't go out on a date with him because dad won't let me."

Knowing who Logan is, I was certain that he didn't take my advice to talk to Alex about the Tristan issue in a calm manner. My lips pulled up in a one sided smile . " Is Tristan the boy you were dancing with on the night of your school dance ?"

I already knew this of course . I just wanted to hear her confirm it.

Her eyes widened in surprise. " How does everyone know him already?"

" For the record , I'm the one who told Logan his name ." I confessed . " You both looked so adorable dancing together."

She gasped and her face turned bright red.
" You saw us dancing? Oh God." She buried her face with both palms.

" Logan and I saw you both. You know he wanted to come over and stop you both from dancing together but I told him not to. You're welcome."

Alex sighed. " See? This is what I'm talking about . If dad had done that I would have been so embarrassed . That's why I didn't even want him to chaperone in the first place ."

" Okay cut it out. I think your Dad did a good job being a chaperone, didn't he?"

" I guess so." She mumbled. " But he still doesn't understand me. I bet if mum was still alive she'd let me go on a date with Tristan. I miss her." She said , tears eyed.

When Alex made that statement, I suddenly understood how she felt. She felt like she couldn't talk to her dad about liking boys. She felt her mother would have understood and resonated with her feelings better . These were the peak of her teenage years and she probably felt sad that she didn't have anyone to talk to about her feelings. Logan was there but because of things like what happened between them last night, she didn't feel she could confide in him.