16🌸.

Song - Maybe Don't by JP Saxe and Maisie Peters.

I should hang up the phone, you said, "Maybe don't."
And I think I should go, you said, "Maybe don't."
'Cause I run from the things that I want the most
You said, "I get that's what you do, but—"

We should never speak again
Because I like you
And lately it's been only getting worse
So we should never speak again
Because I want to
I've run through every outcome and in every one I'm hurt

Oh, I hate surprises
But you surprise me...

Emma's POV

I closed the door behind me and leaned on the door for some minutes.  I moved to the window and watched Logan drive away. For some reason , I felt  conflicted. I've been feeling very conflicted all through the night because so many things I didn't expect to happen tonight. I didn't expect to meet Alex , Jason and Avery tonight , I didn't expect to leave the product launch with Logan tonight, I didn't expect to promise to go to Logan's home tomorrow and I didn't expect to have him know my home address and my phone number. It's like the more I try to stay away from him , the closer he gets. Nothing I do is working anymore and I'm afraid that I won't be able to keep my walls up any longer .

Anytime Logan says something like " I'm going to fix us" or " I've changed" , I find it hard to believe him. I told him the truth tonight when I said that I couldn't see him any other way other than who he was before. I want to believe him but it's just hard.

I've never really been heart broken before. When Jake ignored all my attempts to show him that I liked him in high school, I felt sad for a couple of days but it was nothing really serious . But what I felt for Logan was nothing compared to anything that I felt for Jake or any other man I've met . I was in love with Logan and when he broke my heart, it made me know the true definition of pain. I want to move past all of that but I just don't know how to. I guess the reason I feel this way is that even though I've forgiven Logan, I just can't forget . And it's not by my own will. The bad memories won't leave my head. I know Logan is good at this game he plays but I have to be strong willed or else I'll get my heart broken by the same man twice.

" Well, well , well." I heard Maddie say as she came out of the living room and into the hall way. A smirk played on her lips. " Had a fun night ?"

" Stop it." I narrowed my eyes at her because I knew she wasn't just referring to the product launch event. I kicked off my heels and picked them up then I walked into my room with Maddie following me behind.

" What ? I'm just asking ." She replied with a mock innocent expression on her face.
" Why did he have to drop you home ? What happened to your car ?"

" It broke down while I was driving home. Two flat tires." I told her as I sat on the bed and took off my earrings.

" Shit . I hope you're getting it fixed?"

" Yeah, Logan called a mechanic who's gonna work on the car and bring it over tomorrow." I replied. I thought of how familiar that name Carlos was. I knew that I had heard that name somewhere before.

" I supposed that's good." She sat in the bed beside me and stared at me like me like she was waiting for an answer to a question she hasn't even asked . " So...Logan."

I stood up and placed my jewelry on my dressing table then I let my hair down ." He just brought me home, Maddie moo. It's not a big deal."

" I actually think it is. Emma he's obviously still in love with you and from what you've told me , he's not going to give up on you anytime soon." She told me matter of faculty.