12🌸.

Song - Too much to Ask by Niall Horan.

My shadow's dancing
Without you for the first time
My heart is hoping
You'll walk right in tonight
Tell me there are things that you regret
'Cause if I'm being honest I ain't over you yet
It's all I'm asking
Is it too much to ask?

Emma's POV

I can't believe it.

I can't believe him.

I can't believe he showed up at my place of work in the guise of doing business with Mr Gray just to get to me . It's seven months after it all happened and he still came. Why did he come here ? Why doesn't he see that I'm trying to move on from my past and I've been doing somewhat good at it too till he showed up . In those minutes that I stayed in the same room with him, the confidence I had in my ability to forget him completely faded away.

Just seeing the way he strode into that board room and won everyone's heart except mine obviously stirred my heart up again. No it wasn't love or lust or nostalgia or anything of that sort. It was anger. I didn't trust his motives. How dare he decide to work with the same company I work for? I thought he stopped trying to stalk me but this just proves that he's still been monitoring my every move . Who the hell does that? I'm sure Luke is still following me around but he must be so clever this time because I haven't caught him yet.

The only thing good thing that came out of me seeing Logan today was the fact that he looked so much better than the last time I saw him. He had obviously healed from the accident but it wasn't just about his physical features. There was something different about him. I couldn't just place it. Whatever. I shouldn't care or bother myself with whatever is new about him. He may look put together from his physical appearance but I know he's still the same old Logan with a bunch of emotional baggage he doesn't want to fix .

That's why when he came up to me apologizing as he had tried to do several times before, I strengthened the walls around my heart from letting his words get through them. It wasn't easy because seeing him again almost broke them all down just like that. Like it hadn't taken me a long time to build them up. But I had to be strong.

The sound of fingers snapping in front of my face brought me back to reality . I sighed . Jake and I were at this fancy restaurant he booked for us and as beautiful as it was , I couldn't enjoy it. I looked down at the plate in front of me . It was still full . I hadn't touched my food since the server brought it , all because I was thinking of one man and how he was about to wreck my life again .

" I'm sorry, I kind of spaced out ." I said sincerely to Jake.

" Yeah, no kidding ." He replied with a smile . He was definitely not offended then . He had been saying something about Orange Inc when I zoned out.

" Sorry." I winced , using my fork and taking a slice of potato from my plate and put it in my mouth . It tasted almost cold in my mouth as a result of leaving it untouched.

Jake titled his head a little bit to the side and searched my face that was bent as I stared at the food longer than I actually ate it. " You're thinking about him , aren't you?"

I feigned a smile as I looked up at him. " It's very obvious, huh?"

" Well you have that sad look on your face so that says a lot." He pointed out . " And you're visibly struggling to eat your food."

I sighed softly feeling different emotions I couldn't explain but the one I could at least define was anger. I felt angry that I was still worked up by Logan's presence. I mean it's been eight months . I should be able to see him without feeling some type of way but when he walked into that office this morning, a little crack appeared on the high walls that I had built around my heart. Well it was just a little crack. I wasn't going to let anything he would say or do break down my walls. The walls are there for a reason; To protect my heart and my whole being from further pain , heartbreak and overall drama. So I'll just cover that crack up with a plaster. A huge , thick one. Simple. He doesn't get to make me go back to a relationship that drained me emotionally, mentally and even physically till I didn't know who I was anymore.