2🌸.

Song - Running by Ali Gatie .

You've been running on my mind
I've been running circles tryna find someone like you but you're one of a kind
I've been tryna figure out the reason that I lost you
'Cause ever since I lost you I feel lost all the time
Tell me what you need, I'll get that
You're the one for me, I lost you, I regret that
Please let me fix the things
I couldn't fix before
Tell me what you want, I'll grab it
Baby, you the one, we got the magic
So please let me do the things I didn't do before...

The news of Ben's arrest spread like a wild fire . Apparently many people were shocked . It was understandable for them to be . Hardly any of them knew all he was capable of except few of us who had been victims .

What was still creating a hassle in my head was who the mole in my company was. So far Rachael hadn't given me any feed back . She said she was still watching everyone and they didn't know she was on to them . I thought of different possibilities of who the person could be . What if it was Mr Karan? He was the head of the security team and one of the best hackers in New York. What if he was paid off by Orange inc to leave a door way for them to get in ? Then there was Tyler, the head of Human Resources. He didn't look suspicious to me but you never know who is who these days. There's Alexa, the sales rep. I just think that it's weird that she wears a red wig all the time. We all know it's a wig and red is such a dangerous color.

Really Logan?

Okay fine. I wasn't going to judge her by her red hair but thinking about who the traitor could be was nerve wracking . The possibilities were endless.

I shifted my weight to the other side of the loveseat. My butt was getting numb from too much sitting . I couldn't wait to start standing and walking again. Sitting in this study all day just made me feel really depressed.

" Dad?" A high pitched voice and loud knock came from the door. " Dad!"
My heart actually skipped a beat. It was Alex. That means the kids were back from school.

Congrats Logan . You're actually scared of your own daughter.

I wanted to yell, " Dad's not here." but that would be very pathetic and it would give me away instantly. The kids already knew that I spent most of my time at home since the accident. For the first few days I was back, I told Greta to tell them that they couldn't see me because seeing me would not let me rest and heal properly but the real reason was because I was ashamed. I was ashamed to face them. Regardless of the fact that Calvin sabotaged my car, I was drinking while driving . If the loose tire wouldn't have cause the accident then maybe the fact that I would have gotten very drunk while driving would have caused it. It would have been so much worse than breaking a few ankles and bones. I didn't think of kids in that moment of recklessness. If things had gone side ways they would have been without a father right now. I would have put them in so much pain. They would become orphans just because they had a messed up asshole like me as their father.

" Dad?!" Alex yelled again as she banged hard on the door. " I know you're in there so don't pretend like you're not."

Crap. How did I even think I could fool Alex? She was a very smart girl . Maybe if I stayed back a little longer she would actually believe that I wasn't at home.

" I need you to sign a permission slip for me. We're going on a field trip and your signature is needed." She yelled again.

I didn't make a move . What if she was just saying this do that I would come out and see her then she would bombard me with questions. Alex was too inquisitive. She was also intuitive, fierce and sometimes scary. She could compel you like mother confessor from one of the series I watched when I was in College . Legend of the Seeker. I think . Only that Alex compels you with her soulful , blue eyes.