46🌸.

Song - Smoke and Fire by Sabrina Carpenter.

Rumors spread like wildfire, I held a strong ground
But I've been burning down
'Cause it's like fire is all I hear about
And we are fading out
Don't wanna turn out the light
But it's like...

~~

Logan's POV

" Ow !" I winced in pain

" Serves you right for fighting Jake ." Rachael replied without remorse as she cleaned the cut on my face with some methylated spirit. " I told you to calm down . Mrs Priestly was here this morning and I thought you both came to a conclusion on how to handle this. Why on earth would you still get into a fight with Jake ?"

" He provoked me," I replied ,  as she took a plaster out of the first aid box on my desk and covered the cut.

" That's not new. Jake Hartley has always provoked you and you've always had the decency to restrain yourself from beating him up."

" This time was different." I looked at her pointedly as she handed me the ice pack and I placed it on my forehead. My head was throbbing again , thanks to fucking Jake Hartley . The only thing that made my day less terrible was knowing that he was having a worse time than I was.

" What made this time any different ?"

" He still had the audacity to go up to Gray Enterprises to see Emma after the havoc he has caused and he was rubbing it in my face." Remembering Jake's unrepentant nature got me pissed off again. " He doesn't have the right to come close to her anymore."

" Then maybe Emma should be the one telling him that , don't you think ?"

I looked aside annoyed that Rachael was right. Emma should have cut Jake off after this whole fiasco. I assumed that she would but even after Jake had shown his treacherous nature, she still entertained him . " I was hoping she would ." I muttered.

Rachael sighed . " Do you even know what their conversation was about anyway ?"

" No." I shook my head. " I didn't get the chance to speak to her after everything."

" Logan this could go really badly." She started packing up the first aid box on my desk. " Jake could press charges against you , you know that right ? And then what ? Logan Ross the owner of Ross Mobile will have to appear in court for assault charges?"

" Oh please. Jake assaulted me as much as I assaulted him. I just happened to do more damage ." I smirked approvingly to myself.

Rachael shot me a look . " Are you really happy about this ? Logan , you hit him first. That's going to mean something in court."

" And I'm reiterating again that Jake provoked me. I'm pretty sure provocation is a valid defense in court and once I lay out all of Jake's atrocities, the judge will take my side. Come on Rachael, you've seen everything that bastard has done . It's enough to make any man go crazy. He's lucky I could only do so much to him ."

Rachael rolled her eyes defeatedly when she saw that her attempt to make me feel guilty about beating Jake Hartley wasn't working. " What about Mr Gray ? Don't you think this will affect your business with him ? You think he'll be pleased that you turned his company into a WWE ring ?"

" Mr Gray will understand when I explain to him the reasons for my actions." I told her.

Fighting Jake at Gray Enterprises was the only thing I was remotely apologetic about. Left to me, I would have taken it somewhere else but he happened to be at Grays and it all just happened in the moment. I remember how I wasn't even thinking straight when I threw the first punch. I was too angry to form any coherent thoughts. At that point, nothing or no one could stop me from disfiguring Jake's face and I was prepared to fight anyone that would have tried to stop me.