57🌸.

Song - Love on top by Beyonce.

Baby, it's you
You're the one I love
You're the one I need
You're the only one I see
Come on, baby, it's you
You're the one that gives your all
You're the one I can always call
When I need to make everything stop
Finally, you put my love on top...

~~

Logan's POV

wasted no time in setting up a meeting with Detective James Brown the next day.

All through the night , I couldn't sleep because of what Emma and I had discussed the previous night. I kept tossing and turning, till I finally got up and went to do some work in my study.

Deep inside me, I was so angry that Lisa had the audacity to show up and threaten Emma once again, after all her atrocities. Maybe she thinks this is all a game. She thinks she can waltz in and out of people's lives , ruining it and for what ? Because I rejected her ? No. This has gone on too long and it's only because I allowed it. Now, I'm done playing nice.

"  I have reasons to believe that Calvin might have been working with a woman. Her name is Lisa Brooks. She showed up last year and caused some serious trouble between my girlfriend and I ." I told James.

His office , which was actually just a room in  his apartment , was located in an old apartment building mid town. You would think a man who makes the kind of money James does from private investigating would look for something decent in Soho or Brooklyn Heights. Then again, judging from the barely dressed blonde and brunette that had to excuse themselves when I walked into his apartment , this morning, it's pretty obvious where most , if not all of his money goes into.

As opposed to his usual visitation to Ross Mobile , whenever he had some information for me, This time, I came to him. I didn't want him visiting my company often to keep prying eyes out of our business.

To my surprise, James placed a hand on his belly as he burst into a fit of laughter . " No , you did that all by yourself. You fucked up . I remember that."

Now, I know why this man pisses me off. He's the only person apart from Emma who doesn't cower when speaking to me. Even Rachael knows her boundaries. It makes me wonder ; what gives him the effrontery ?

" Very funny." I deadpanned. " I'm willing to walk out that door and get myself a new private investigator ,if you don't fucking behave ." I pointed to his door for emphasis. " And I don't care if I have to start from scratch with this new detective, as long as he gets me fucking answers, I have a lot of money to spend as you can see."

He raised his hands in surrender . " Okay , Okay. Pardon my unprofessionalism. It's just that sometimes you need a good laugh, you know. Takes the weight off of these issues."

" Are you ready to get back to business ?" I asked , ignoring his explanation.

" Sure , Sure." He grabbed his notepad from the text and removed the cap of his pen with his mouth.
Detective James tapped his cigar on the ash tray sitting on the desk. " Oh yes, so Lisa. Your crazy ex that pretended to be your cousin and crashed your kid's birthday party , right ?"

" Yes, that's her."

" When you say 'working together' , what exactly do you mean ?"

" I mean that Calvin Scott knew Lisa Brooks. Emma told me that on the night he assaulted her, he mentioned that Lisa did a great job of coming in between us and getting me out of the way. Meaning that they were partners." I explained impatiently.