29🌸.

Song: Me because of you by HRVY

You took this open heart of mine
Fixed me up and made it right
Lost and cold but you love me still
Every space I couldn't fill
You give me all I ever needed
Half a heart and you complete it
Part of me I never knew, oh
I'm only me because of you...

~~

Emma's POV

" So what kind of black magic did Logan use to get you back?" Lydia asked as we walked through the brightly lit hallway that was decorated with decorative art pieces, antique vases and paintings on either side of the walls.

" Huh?" I asked, momentarily confused.

" Mom!" Liv laughed.

" What? We listen to the news and Christina keeps me very much informed of what is happening over there."

" They talk about everything." Liv added . " Like teenage girls."

So Christina knows that Logan and I are back together?

" Well, we are sisters." Lydia pointed out . " With all that happened, I never thought he had a chance at redemption. But here you are , proving all of us wrong."

My eyes flickered to one of the paintings on the wall, looking for a distraction . It was a large painting of a man in military uniform. I wondered if it was Martin or if it was some random guy. I wondered how many more people would ask me this same question when it all comes out in the open that Logan and I are together again.

" Emma?"

" Oh sorry." I turned to Lydia who noticed that I had spaced out. " I guess he worked for it. Tirelessly. I told her . " He fought for us and I knew that he wasn't going to stop fighting. So I gave him another chance. And what can I say? Logan's charms are hard to resist." I added the last part just for laughs.

" I'm glad you made him work to get you back." Lydia said . " These men need to understand that they don't own us and they should value what they have before they lose it."

The emotion behind Lydia's eyes as she talked made me wonder if there was personal reason she spoke that way. My eyes glanced to her fingers and I noticed there was no ring. Was she unmarried? divorced or maybe she had chosen to to remain single.

" I'm divorced." She stated plainly as I lifted my head up realizing that her eyes were following mine.

Feeling a little bit embarrassed , my cheeks flamed. " Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

" It's fine." Lydia gestured with her hand. "It's okay to be inquisitive. He was a good father but not a good husband."

" True. He cheated on Mum; a lot of times." Liv added. I was a little bit surprised at how casually she was saying it.

" I'm so sorry about that." I said to Lydia or to Liv. At this point, I didn't even know who I was addressing.

Lydia shrugged. " Life happens I guess. We can only move forward. The bottom line is, now that you've decided to give Logan a second chance. I'm sure he'll never take your love for him for granted again."

" I can only hope so." I replied, honestly.

" We'll just have to wait and see won't we." She smirked. I realize that we stopped at the top of a staircase. Simultaneously, the aroma of food engulfed and my mouth started to water. The kitchen was definitely close by.

" The cooks are working hard to prepare dinner. I better go check on them to see how they're doing. It was nice talking to you , Emma. Maybe we can continue this conversation some other time."