43🌸.

Song - Déjà vu by Katy Perry.

Your words are like Chinese water torture
And there's no finish line, always one more corner
Yeah, they slither like a centipede
Why do you keep me at the end of a rope that keeps getting shorter?

~~

Emma's POV

One of the downsides of living alone is that you have no one to get the zip of your dress for you. I had been struggling with the zip of my dress for the past five minutes and even the fact that I was parked in front of a mirror with my back turned so that I could see what I was doing, the zipper still proved stubborn.

After several minutes of stretching and twisting my arms to allow me zip the dress, I finally did it. I don't know why the zip wasn't at the side of the dress . It would have made it a lot easier for me. It was already on my mind to change the dress after struggling for about ten minutes but I just couldn't bring myself to.

It was a beautiful powder blue dress that hugged my body in all the right places and fell to the floor. It lacked sleeves , save for the thin straps at each side of my shoulder . The neck line was a perfect cowl neck that dipped and showed just the right amount of cleavage . What I loved most about the dress was how the back dipped to almost my low waist and whole bodice was embedded with shimmery crystals that reflected in the light. The length of the dress was was perfect too. It fell to my ankle, long enough for whatever heels I would choose to wear would show.

I had already battled with my hair earlier, forcing curls to form with my curler and I divided the front into a side parting. For a non professional , the hair didn't turn out half bad. In fact, I think I actually did really good.

I inserted a pair diamonds drop earrings into my ears and left my neck bare because I didn't want any additional drama with my outfit. My makeup had already been done earlier, but I insisted on adding another layer of lip gloss on my already rosy lips.
Convinced that I was good to go, I picked up my clutch , gave myself a once over in my mirror, before heading out of my house.

The destination was Jake's company launch event . It was holding at an event center in the upper east side of town . Jake had kept me updated with all the plans prior to tonight and I followed the preparations on the news too. Everyone had been talking about it. News stations , Social media handlers, business analysts and the likes. They all had similar questions; ' How did Jake start up a new company so fast and with all the scandal that his father's company suffered last year ?'

So many speculations were going round as to how he got the funding since most of his father's wealth was gotten illegally, some spoke in his favour while others said that the apple could never fall far from the tree. They believed that Alphavirtual would also face what Orange Inc had faced in due time too.
Regardless of everything, Jake was happy that they were talking. It was publicity for his new company. He had even done interviews to amp up the publicity. In his words , 'All publicity is good publicity .' Fortunately for him, the good comments outweighed the bad due to his intricate advertisement strategies and the company launch was sure to be a success .

Jake had never been so excited about something so much and he had every right to be . I saw how hard he worked to start up this company. He really deserved the good reports he was getting. We've had our ups and downs in the past but all that was forgotten. He was really doing well in respecting my boundaries. In fact , he hadn't even mentioned Logan's name in any conversations that we have had recently . I was sure we could go on being the best of friends and I was really glad to be celebrating this win with him.

The only thing that made me a little sad was the fact that I wouldn't be attending the event with Logan tonight. It's not like I can't go to events by myself but when you're used to having someone by your side whenever you go out, you miss them when they're not there . Logan had been in London for the past three days dealing with the Colin and Hugh issue. From the times we had spoken , he said that they were both still reluctant to make peace with each other but Mrs Cortez was working hard to make them see eye to eye. I pray it works. It would be sad to see Logan be pushed to taking legal action against the Armstrong brothers . I know he doesn't want that so for his sake, I hope the mediation process is successful.