35🌸.

Song - Jaymes Young

Baby, this love
I'll never let it die
Can't be touched by no one
I'd like to see 'em try...

Emma's POV

Oh great.

Just great.

This is the perfect time ever for this to happen.

Why exactly did Jake come to my place tonight of all nights and with a bouquet of roses ? Again, great. Since I kicked him out of my office for policing me about Logan , we hadn't spoken a word to each other . Frankly, I was getting tired of our on again, off again friendship.

" Now's not really a good time , Jake." I glanced at Logan to emphasize my point.

They weren't really arch enemies any longer since the Ben Hartley incident but I knew that Jake was still not in Logan's good books . If anything, I'm sure that Logan was just being cordial with him because of me .

" Oh..." Jake's voice trailed off . " Okay. I guess I'll just leave ." He pointed to the direction of his car behind him with his thumb.

From my peripheral vision , I already noticed the look of confusion and displeasure at Logan's face. He didn't really do a great job at hiding it.

" Okay." I replied. His eyes flickered from me to Logan again.

" Right. I guess I'll see you around ." He pressed his lips into a thin smile as he got into his car and drove off.

Logan and I turned teach other simultaneously.

" Well that wasn't awkward at all." I said as Logan and I entered my house together.

We heard the sound of my tv on with some channel playing and the chattering of the kids coming from the living room.

" Do you know why he was here ?" He asked, the confused expression still subtly on his face .

I shrugged. " Beats me. Jake and I haven't spoken in a while so I'm just as surprised as you are."

Logan pursed his lips. " I'm surprised to hear that."

I scrunched my nose . " What's so surprising about Jake and I not speaking ?"

" Well, I just thought that the both of you were besties." He tickled my sides , causing me to burst into laughter as I took  a step away from him . I was really , really ticklish.

" Real funny." I replied to his sarcasm laced statement. " The only besties I have are Maddie and Tess." I poked his rip as he winced . " Besides Jake and I had a fall out sometime ago ."

I didn't want to go into details about why Jake and I weren't on speaking terms to Logan because if he found out it was about him , Jake would definitely go back to being on his black book. I didn't need any kind of drama between them any longer.

" Really ?" Logan's feigned surprise as his eyes widened. " I could have sworn that you two were meant to be together ."

" What?" I paused before letting out a small laugh.
" Stop it."

" Didn't you tell me you two were together some time ago?" He continued teasing, tapping his chin as he pretended to remember .

" Logan !" I continued laughing . " You know why I said that."

He cocked his head to the side with a smile that revealed his pearly white teeth. " Yeah, so you could keep me out of your life . How's that working out for you , by the way ?"