So, a few days after Jake and I kissed , I went to his house and apologized for kissing him back when I wasn't sure if my feelings for him and he had been clear about his for me. The last thing I wanted to do was lead him on . It would be very selfish of me to do that. It was selfish of me to kiss him but I guess you can't say no to the lustful side sometimes . That's the problem. I don't want my lustful side to control me. I feel more in control of my life right now more than ever and I want it to remain that way. The thought of "going with the flow" with Jake is an option for me but what if I go with the flow so much that he starts to think that I'm reciprocating real feelings towards him? I would already be in too deep with no way to back out. Jake is a very good guy with a lovely heart . More than that, he's my friend . The last thing I wanted to do was break his heart. After all he has been through , I won't be the one to hurt him again . I'd rather stay friend with him than hurt him and become his enemy.

Jake on the other hand didn't seem satisfied with my explanations. In fact I think he's convinced that I like him just as much as he likes me but I'm holding back because of my past relationships. He may be right but I think he's mostly wrong . Sadly, It doesn't even matter what I think . Yesterday at his house , Jake made it clear to me that he was willing to wait for me . This was after two months of asking me out and performing nice gestures just to get me to reciprocate the feelings he had for me . He used these exact words.

" I let you slip through my fingers in high school because of my stupidity. I won't let you go again and even if it takes me a million years , I'll wait Emma Durson because you're worth every minute ."

My heart fell to my stomach and I stared at him in disbelief. I had stop myself from kissing him again. Mainly because it would just be encouraging this whole situation which was already a little bit complicated .

Since I can't stop another human being from doing what they want . I decided that it would be best to let him do what he wanted to do as long as I occasionally told him that we were still just friends . I don't want him to get hurt in the process of trying to win me over but I believe that I've tried my best to tell him that I'm just not ready to date anyone right now . It's funny how I used to be so in love with this guy back in high school and he didn't want any of it and now the reverse is the case .

At least he was busy now with resurrecting his father's company and starting all over . I was glad that he had something that was taking a lot of his time asides me. Before, he used to show up at my office for lunch every single day and send me hundred is flowers and gifts now we have lunch just a few times a week when he's not really busy. It's really adorable of him that's he's hell bent on winning me over but at the same time I feel bad for him. I only reciprocate friendly gestures to him . Still he doesn't seem deterred. I used to have a taste for relentless men , now it's quite exhausting .

I sighed as I pressed send to the report that I was supposed to send to Mr Gray's email. Glancing at my watch, I saw that it was almost time for the board meeting Mr Gray informed me about this morning . He told me that he had been discussing with a major investor and customer for over two months now. Our company would be in charge of exporting their products for them once the contract was signed and sealed today. He also mentioned that it was very important to impress these new people because they were looking at becoming partners with the company if all went well."

The notifications of the reminder I set on my phone with , " meeting with the board today" rang and I stood up. Almost at once , the door to my office opened . I already knew who it was before she could say anything.

" Hey girl, it's time that for that board meeting." Sierra announced like I didn't already know .

" I know Si, I'm coming ." I said as I took a bite of my half eaten chocolate bar and stood up.