Ch. 77 - A CREDIBLE THREAT

Start from the beginning

Scott moved to go help but man but Blake grabbed his arm making him look at her to see her eyes flash white as she looked off in a direction. "Found him." She said making them all loon over to see Parrish whose eyes are glowing with fire, his fangs and claws out, and the veins of what looks like magma crackling through the soot-covered skin on his chest and back, making it obvious that the Hellhound is currently in charge. "It's a trap." The Hellhound says and the guy in the bus let's out a small plead again, "Please..."

Scott goes to step forward again but stopped with Parrish looked back at them, "You can't help him." He says. Blake walks up to stand next to Parrish as she glanced around when she felt a darkness around the area. Just then, a snarl is heard just before the body of the victim is ripped in half and thrown onto the ground in front of the bus, his internal organs spilling out onto the pavement, which makes the everyone stare in disgust and horror.

A shadowy figure leans over the pile of bodies, revealing that the Beast is in the bus. Scott's eyes widen as he gulps nervously, and Stiles, who hasn't seen the Beast in person before, looks absolutely terrified. "That's big... No one said it was that big!" Stiles said panicky, "I did." Liam said. Blake's eyes widen as she stared at the beast, "I have to help kill that thing?" She asked incredulously, "That thing will probably kill me before I can even get a chance. Also why is it so ugly?"

The Beast roars menacingly at the group, and Parrish/the Hellhound flicks out his claws and bursts into flames before roaring back. The Beast then stomps down the aisle of the bus, leaping through the windshield and running into the woods at high-speed while the Hellhound chases after him; they run so quickly that they quickly vanish into the tree line before the others can even process what has happened.

Scott and the others look completely overwhelmed, "What the hell is happening?" Scott asked and Argent sighed, "It's getting smarter." He said and Blake stared at the bus. "Guys." She said making everyone look at her, "I think someone's still alive in there."

🌒

"Mason said it's not just to transmit frequency. It's high-powered- like, it has to be a really strong signal." Liam said as he, Scott, Stiles, Blake and Lydia sit around in the library. "And that's causing it to shift?" Lydia asked and Scott shaked his head slightly, "No, I don't think it's just that. Last night, Argent said that it's getting smarter. What if the Dread Doctors are trying to make the Beast grow faster?" Scott suggested.

"With frequencies?"

"No, by shifting. The frequency is just the trigger. The important part is when it shifts into the werewolf." Scott says and realization crossed over Blake's features as she sighed, "Like Peter." She said and Scott nodded. "Yeah, when Peter was an Alpha, he got stronger every full moon. Eventually, the burns healed, and he was back to normal."

"So, the Dread Doctors don't want to wait for the full moon." Liam said and Scott nodded, "They want want the Beast to be as strong as possible, as fast as possible." He said. "Because of Parrish and Blake." Liam said making Blake grumble slightly under her breath, "I'm still not comfortable with having to help kill that thing." She mumbled and Stiles slightly squeezed her legs that was sitting on his lap.

"So, if this is happening tonight, what are we going to do?" Lydia asked, "Uh, we've got one clue to go on." Stiles says before pulling a crime scene photo out of his backpack. "This came from the hospital- whoever's lurking inside the Beast is wearing a size-10 of indeterminate make." He said making Blake raise her eyebrows at him, "Indeterminate?"

"It means it's a partial print. Basically, it was all we were able to get considering all the fire, blood, and carnage..." Stiles explained and Scott sighed softly, "How many size-10s are out there?" He asked and Stiles shrugged. "Only one with Parrish's blood on the sole."