Ch. 72 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Blake's outfit

Chapter Seventy-Two🌒 Damnatio Memoriae 🌘

Chapter Seventy-Two
🌒 Damnatio Memoriae 🌘

"This is from the relay station's security camera." Parrish said before handing Scott his phone making Blake look over Scott's shoulder. Both of their eyes widens as they watch a beast like creature bust out of the building and run after Hayden and Liam in the woods.

"That looked big." Scott said and Parrish nodded, "And too fast for anyone to get a good look at it." He said and Blake nods slightly. "Big and fast. That's fun." Blake said sarcastically before noticing the look on Scott's face, "You know what it is don't you?" She asked. "The last Chimera." He says as he looks back at the building.

Parrish leads the two inside the relay station, and they walk down the steps until they get to the ground floor, where they find the space completely wrecked- power cables have been ripped apart and are showering sparks onto the floor, and equipment and cabinets of all kinds have been smashed or knocked over.

Blake immediately notices the puddle of blood and water on the floor near the wall where the technician was killed the previous night and kneels next to it before turning back to Parrish. "You still got a blacklight?" She asked and Parrish nods and takes the small UV light from his utility belt before handing it over to her.

She turned it on and shines it over the bloody puddle, revealing dark shadows of modified mercury before glancing back at them with a sigh. "Mercury means Chimera." She said and Parrish looks both horrified and confused, "But what was it doing here? Why come here and kill some random communications tech?" Parrish asked and Blake sighed as she stood up.

"For all we know it might just like killing for the fun if it. Maybe it's just what it does." She said and Parrish's eyes widen slightly, "...That's terrifying." He mumbled. "Parrish, how many bodies do you actually see when you dream about the Nemeton?" Scott asked and Parrish frowns and sighs before he finally answers.

"Everyone." He says making Blake and Scott look at each other before Blake takes a deep breath, glancing around. "Alright, I'm moving. Who wants to come with?"

🌘

Blake opened the door to Scott's room to see him standing in front of his own version of a crime board making her hum. "What do you think?" Scott asked and Blake walked over and looked at the board. "Not bad but... It's amateur at best." She said, smiling when he gave her an exasperated look.

She glanced down and chuckled, "You have a string attached to your sleeve." She said making him look down to see red yarn from the board stuck to his jacket. He pulled his arm back and the sound of papers falling made hin close his eyes and sigh while Blake covered her mouth to stop from laughing.