Ch. 74 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRT

Start from the beginning

"No... But everyone's got a theory." He said making them more curious, "What's yours?" Stiles asked and Strauss looked at him. "I shouldn't be talking to you guys. Don't you have class?" He asked and Blake smiled, "Who cares? Come on tell us. What's your theory?" She asked and he sighed and looks around making sure that no one is looking at them talking before leaning forward and lowering his voice. 

"Do you guys believe in the supernatural?" He asked making their eyes widen as they all look at each other. Blake hummed and pursed her lips slightly before leaning towards Scott and Stiles, "Well at least someone finally noticed the obvious weird shit that doesn't have a logical explanation for." 

🌒

Blake walked into Lydia's room in Eichen and froze slightly at the door looking at the catatonic state of her best friend. She took a deep breath before sitting down in the chair next to the bed and gently grabbed Lydia's hand.

"Your teachers, uh... gave us some of the stuff you guys have been working on. They wanted us to hold onto it for you. I saw something about the, uh, Riemann hypothesis... Um, things like non-trivial zeroes, zeta functions, and a lot of other stuff that I don't even know how to pronounce." Blake said looking down at her hands before looking up at Lydia.  "Wanna wake up and tell me that I'm idiot because you've probably explained then to me before?" She asked, pausing for a moment, hoping that somehow, Lydia will wake up, but when she doesn't, she sighs in frustration.

"Oh, come on, Lyds." She said in a slight whisper as she squeezed Lydia's hand, "You have to come back to us We can't through this without you. Lydia, you have to wake up. I need you to wake up." Blake said as her eyes went glossy. Just then, a very unhappy-looking Natalie Martin appears in the doorway, giving Blake a displeased look.

"I think that's enough." She said making Blake sigh angrily, not looking away from Lydia or moving, "I'm allowed to visit my best friend." Blake said and that's when she notices a small bald patch on Lydia's head where her hair has been shaved while Natalie just rolls her eyes in annoyance at Blake's attitude.

"Blake-"

"Shut up." Blake muttered as she moves a lock of Lydia hair aside so she can get a better look at the small shaved patch of scalp on the side of Lydia's head above her ear, "What the hell is this?" Blake asked. "All right, you need to go." Natalie said but Blake just stood up and looked at her incredulously, "Look at it!"

When Natalie doesn't look surprised by this revelation, Blake glares at her, clearly appalled by this revelation. Knowing her boyfriend's previous experience with Eichen House causes her mind to immediately go to the worst case scenario about what this means for Lydia. "Did you know about this? What the hell are they gonna do? Drill a fucking hole in her head?" She asked and Natalie looks at Blake, horrified by this assumption

"Are you crazy? It's for ECT. Electroconvulsive therapy. They shave small portions of the scalp. It's done under general anesthesia and it's perfectly safe." Natalie said Blake doesn't look convinced, and Natalie gives her a look before pointing at Lydia, who is still laying completely still on the bed with her eyes pointed at the ceiling. 

"Look at her, Blake. She's my daughter. You don't think I'm trying everything I can to bring her back?" Natalie said and Blake looked at her with tears slightly forming from frustration and slight fear for her best friend and shakes her head. "She's your daughter and yet you still put her in this fucking place! This is fucking Eichen House, there is no possible way that that's ECT!"