Chilltober 25: picture

"Mallory, please smile. It'll make this go much quicker." Zoe pleaded as Mallory sat in the pumpkin patch frowning.

It had been Zoe's idea to get fall family pictures done, and so far the only Hansen child who was cooperating was the one in Zoe's body. Both Mallory and Tia had woken up in funks and had decided to be difficult.

"Tia! Tia look at Daddy!" Evan called, squeaking the rubber ducky that the photographer had given him. Tia screamed and Zoe flinched.

"I'm done with this." Mallory whined.

"No you aren't. Stay put." Zoe snapped. Mallory groaned loudly and stomped her foot on the ground.

"Young lady I need you to behave." Zoe warned. Evan raised an eyebrow at Mallory who sat beside her mother frowning.

"Big smiles girls!" The photographer called.

Zoe smiled, and Tia seemed to follow suit, staring at the duck her father was squeaking. Mallory's expression didn't change.

"Mal. If you smile nicely and behave, you'll make Mommy very happy and maybe you can have something after we're done." Evan offered. Mallory looked at her mother who nodded.

"But you have to smile nicely and do everything the photographer and Mommy and Daddy say." Zoe added.

"Okay Mommy." Mallory said.

Both girls beamed at the camera and Zoe smiled happily.

"Alright Dad, go join your girls." The photographer said to Evan. Zoe lifted Tia up and Evan scooped Mallory onto his shoulders and wrapped an arm around Zoe.

"Perfect. Now let's all look at everyone and smile.

Zoe looked up at Evan beaming. Her husband and her kids really were the best things in her life.