Extended Family

"Oh come on Evan! Please?" Zoe begged.

"Zoe, I'm not going to intrude on your thanksgiving!" Evan said.

"You're not! I'm inviting you! My cousins bring people all the time. Besides, you're special to me. I want you to meet my family." Zoe said. Evan groaned, he wasn't getting out of this one.

"But Zoe-"

"You're coming! You aren't intruding. My family will love you." Zoe said. Evan sighed and walked towards her. He kissed the top of her head and smiled.

"I'm not getting out of this, am I?" Evan asked. Zoe shook her head.

"Not on your life." She said smiling. Evan chuckled and she kissed him sweetly.

+++

"Zoe, I don't know if I should be here." Evan said. Zoe sighed and stepped off her aunts front porch.

"Babe, I already told you, my family is going to love you. Don't worry. Everything is going to be just fine." Zoe soothed. She took his hand and led him up the front steps. She rang the doorbell and the door opened almost instantly.

"Zoe! And this must be Evan!" The woman on the other side said.

"Evan, this is my Aunt Katy. My moms youngest sister." Zoe said.

"It's nice to meet you." Evan said. He stuck his hand out but Katy dodged his arm and pulled him into a hug.

"My family is very big on hugs." Zoe whispered. Evan nodded as a tall man walked into the room.

"Kate, are you killing Evan?" He asked. Katy let go and lightly punched the mans arm.

"Evan. This is my Uncle Adam. He's Katy's husband." Zoe said. Adam stuck a hand out and Evan shook it.

"Good grip. He's definitely a keeper Zo." Adam said.

"Okay yeah, well obviously." Zoe said. "Where's everyone else?"

"Nana and your Grandma are in the kitchen with your mom, Laura, Bella, your Aunt Heather, Aunt Erin, Aunt Rose, and Aunt Anna. The men and the kids are in the basement watching the football game." Katy explained.

"Now I know you're big on the equality thing Zo, and we don't want to give Evan a bad impression. We all offered to help but were kicked out of the kitchen." Adam explained.

"Don't worry Adam, I wasn't freaking out." Zoe said. Adam nodded.

"Well you know, don't want to give Evan the wrong impression."

Zoe smiled and dragged Evan down to the basement, with Adam following behind.

"What's up losers, I'm here!" Zoe said. Everyone turned and smiled.

"Zoe!" A little blonde girl ran towards her and Zoe smiled.

"There's Miss Lily! And where are your brothers?" Zoe asked, picking up the small girl.

"Who's that?" Lily asked.

"Oh! Everyone! This is Evan, my boyfriend. Evan, this is my Papa, my Grandpa Thomas. That's my Uncle Emmett who's married to my Aunt Rose. That's my Uncle Chris who's married to my Aunt Anna. They have two sons named Max and Charlie. Max is three and Charlie is 3 months old. That's my Uncle Michael, he's married to my Aunt Heather, and they have three girls and a boy. Hudson is 5 and Emma is 2. Bella and Laura are the same age as us, but they're upstairs. That's my Uncle Mark, he's married to my Aunt Erin and they have two boys and a girl. This is Lily, she's 8, her brother Nate is 6, and Drew is 4. And last but not least, my Uncle Adam, who you've met. He's married to my Aunt Katy, who you've also met. They have twin boys named Harris and Liam who are 6 months old. And that's almost my entire family, except for Nana and Grandma Catherine." Zoe said.