If I Could Tell Her

+++
There's nothing like your smile, sorta subtle and perfect and real
+++

Evan looked at the girl in his arms. She was watching whatever TV show she was into at the moment, he was pretty sure it was Supernatural. Every so often she'd look up and smile at him. She'd kiss his cheek before turning back to her show. She had the most beautiful smile that Evan had seen in his entire life. And it was never forced when she looked at him. It was always genuine and happy. Zoe jumped and Evan laughed.

"Not funny Hansen." She snapped, the smile never leaving her face. Evan kissed her and she beamed at him.

"I think it's a little funny." He said. Zoe laughed and smiled wider.

"I love you." She said. Evan pushed a piece of hair out of her face and smiled.

"I love you too." Evan said.

"Oh my god it's right there!" Zoe said. She jumped sky high and Evan burst into laughter. Zoe playfully hit his chest before straightening up a bit and kissing him.

"Watch it Hansen." Zoe said smirking. Evan smiled and kissed her.

"You have a beautiful smile." Evan said. Zoe blushed and looked down.

"Stop it." She said, beaming.

"You know I'm not going to. Zoe you're beautiful." Evan said. Zoe blushed harder and kissed Evan.

"What did I do to deserve you?" She asked. Evan shrugged.

"I don't know. But you could've done a whole lot worse." Evan said. Zoe laughed and kissed him. Evan was right. She could've done a whole lot worse.

+++
He knew. Whenever you'd get bored you'd scribble stars on the cuffs of your jeans.
+++

"Miss Murphy. Do you have the answer to number 6?"

Zoe's head flew up and she shook her head.

"No."

"Why is that?"

"Because I didn't have time to get to it." Zoe lied.

Zoe hated English more then anything. She hated writing and she hated answering chapter questions. Evan watched as Zoe pulled her right leg up onto her chair. She grabbed her purple pen and started to draw. She drew little tiny stars all over the cuff of her jeans. Evan watched, in fascination as she drew tiny stars all the way around her cuffs. Their English teacher stood in front of Zoe's desk with her arms crossed.

"Miss Murphy, would you like to explain what you're doing?"

"Well Miss Vecchio. I am extremely bored because I hate the class. So I'm drawing tiny stars." Zoe said.

"Your mother will be angry when she sees what you've done to your clothing." Miss Vecchio said.

"You should see my brothers clothes. They're worse." Zoe snapped.

She had no time or patience for Miss Vecchio's useless crap today. Connor had come home high and nearly broken down her door at 3 am. She was tired and grumpy and afraid. She remembered hearing him scream that he was going to kill her. That she better hope he didn't find it. Find what? Zoe didn't care as long as he left her alone.