New Baby

Goes with Christmas in Cincinnati

Zoe smiled as Mallory sprinted through the grass, with Lily on her tail. Lily was dressed in blue and Mallory in pink. The sun was shining and the pink dress she was wearing blew gently in the breeze. Evan walked up to her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Are you ready?" He asked. Zoe nodded and fixed the collar on Evan's blue shirt. Evan smiled and whistled loudly. Everyone fell silent and Zoe smiled.

"Alright! We're about to find out who's going to win. Team Boy or Team Girl!" Evan yelled. There were several cheers and Zoe smiled as Evan handed her a confetti cannon.

"Okay here we go! Three, two one!" Evan shouted.

Both Zoe and Evan fired their cannons and pink sparkly confetti exploded out. Zoe turned to Evan who smiled and hugged her tightly. He gently lifted and spun her around. Mallory ran towards her mother and father and Evan scooped her up.

"Mallory do you know what the pink means?" Zoe asked. Mallory nodded.

"What does it mean Princess?" Evan asked. Mallory laughed.

"I'm gonna have a baby sister!" Mallory cheered. Zoe nodded and her parents and Heidi walked towards her, followed by Connor and Meredith.

"When are you two going to have a son?" Larry asked. Zoe laughed and Evan wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Believe me, I've been wondering the same thing." Evan joked. Zoe laughed and gently hit his chest.

"Congratulations you two! Another baby girl!" Cynthia said happily. Heidi gently took Mallory from Evan and Mallory smiled.

"Grandma! Mommy's having a baby girl!" Mallory said excitedly.

"I know! It's very exciting!" Heidi said. Mallory smiled and Zoe kissed Mallory's forehead.

"Now you two can start decorating the nursery!" Cynthia said excitedly. Zoe nodded.

"Now have you decided on the colours?" Heidi asked.

"We were thinking doing lavender and white. Because Mal's room is pink and we think lavender would be nice." Zoe explained. Cynthia smiled and Heidi set Mallory down.

"Well congratulations on your little girl!" Cynthia said, hugging Zoe tightly. She smiled and Evan kissed Zoe's temple.

"Thanks Mom."

+++

Zoe sighed, as she watched Mallory run around the living room. She was five months pregnant and she was ready to be not pregnant anymore.

"Baby, settle down." Zoe said. Mallory looked at her mother and smiled.

"Mommy! When does the baby come?" Mallory asked, putting her hands on Zoe's stomach.

"In about four months. Then you get to meet the baby." Zoe said.

"But I wanna meet her now!" Mallory whined.

"I know, but we don't want her coming out yet. The baby needs to stay in my tummy for a bit." Zoe said.

"Fiiiiiine." Mallory whined.

"Hey, maybe when Daddy gets home, we can talk about names for her!" Zoe said. Mallory gasped and nodded.

"Yay! Baby names!" Mallory cheered. Evan walked in and Zoe smiled.

"Daddy! We can pick out baby names now!" Mallory cheered.

"Wait, I thought we settled on Halyn?" Evan asked.