Dogfight

This is my 30th one shot! So I decided to do something fun and put a Zoevan twist on one of my favourite musicals! I've been working on this one shot for almost a month and I'm quite proud of it, so I hope you guys love it!

A/N: in this oneshot, Evan doesn't have anxiety and is an asshole at the beginning.

"So let me get this straight; the guy with the ugliest girl wins all the money?" Jared asked. Evan nodded.

"Yeah. The guy with the ugliest dog wins all the money. But you have to pay fifty bucks to enter." Evan said.

"Damn Hansen, you run a tight ship. I respect that." Jared said, pulling a fifty out of his wallet.

"Perfect. You have until tonight at 6:30 to find a date. Party starts at 7. Don't be late. Understood?" Evan said, pocketing the fifty.

"Yeah. I got it. Where's the party?" Jared asked.

"Barking Frog tonight at 7. Don't be late." Evan said.

"Okay Hansen. I'll see you then." Evan watched as Jared turned and left before going to opposite direction.

The party was in 2 hours and he still hadn't found the perfect girl to bring. Sure, he had met several unattractive women but none of them were perfect.

He looked around and saw a little diner on the corner of the street. He shrugged and then crossed the road. Maybe the perfect girl would be in there.

+++

The door opened with the sound of a bell. Evan looked around and sighed.

The diner was almost empty except for an old woman in the back corner and a girl hunched over something in a booth.

"Can I getcha anything honey?"

Evan spun around and saw a woman standing behind the counter.

"Um, I'll just have a coffee." Evan said. The woman nodded and poured him a cup of coffee. She handed it to him and Evan smiled. As Evan turned to sit, he heard someone singing.

"But I'm only human.
And I bleed when I fall down.
I'm only human.
And I crash and I break down.
Your words in my head, knives in my heart.
You build me up and then I fall apart.
'Cause I'm only human." She sang.

Evan looked at the girl and walked towards her.

She had a guitar in her lap and she was currently bent over a piece of paper.

"You're very good." Evan said. The girl looked up and Evan smiled. This girl might be perfect for the dogfight. She was too plain to be pretty but not exactly ugly.

"Thanks. I don't really like to play in public." The girl said.

"You should. Your playing is good." Evan said. "I'm Evan by the way."

"Zoe. It's nice to meet you." Zoe said. Evan smiled.

"Your playing is really good. I'm just trying to put my finger on the artist." Evan said.

"Christina Perri. Her voice is amazing." Zoe said.

"She is good. Almost as good as Emily Anderson." Evan said.

"Who?" Zoe asked.

"Emily Anderson. She helped Christina Perri become famous. She helps Christina Perri write her songs." Evan said, lying through his teeth.

"Are you sure that's right?" Zoe asked.

"100% positive. Why would I lie?" Evan asked. Zoe shrugged.