Chilltober 24: party

There were several screaming children in Zoe's house.

Mallory had begged Zoe to have friends over for a Halloween party and Zoe had finally given in.

She'd thought of everything. There was Halloween themed snacks, pin the smile on the jack o lantern, spooky cupcakes, spooky decorations, and various other things that Zoe had come up with, with minimal help from Evan and Pinterest.

So of course the baby had chosen this morning to make Zoe feel beyond terrible. She had been throwing up all morning and felt incredibly nauseous, but knew it was too late to cancel.

So she sat on the couch with a glass of water in her hand as Evan supervised the party.

Mallory walked over to her and sighed.

"What's the matter Mal? Don't you like your party?" Zoe asked.

"Yeah. I just think it's not fair that the baby is ruining it." Mallory sulked.

"I'm sorry honey, I wish I was feeling better." Zoe apologized. Mallory sighed and walked away from her mother.

Evan sat beside her as the kids ate.

"What's the matter Zo?" Evan asked, wrapping an arm around her.

"Mal isn't happy that the baby is making me not feel well." Zoe sighed. Evan kissed her temple as Mallory and her friends giggled.

"I think our girl is doing just fine." Evan assured her. Zoe sighed and rested her head on his chest.

"I wish I could help you more." Zoe said softly.

"You help me plenty my love. Don't worry about the party. You planned it, the least I can do is supervise." Evan soothed.

Zoe smiled.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you."