A Day In The Life Of...

Zoe was in the process of untangling her feet from her blankets without opening her eyes. She finally kicked her foot out when she heard her door creak open. She felt her heart rate speed up and she held her breath. She rolled slightly onto her back and looked at the silhouette in the doorway.

"Evan?" She asked, her voice still groggy from sleep.

"Hey babe." He said.

"What the hell are you doing here at," Zoe looked at her phone. "4 am!" Zoe hissed.

"My moms not home and the house is big and empty and I needed to see you." Evan said. Zoe sighed and pulled her covers back. Evan walked into her room and she let him crawl into her bed.

"So you came into my room and woke me up at 4 am, to see me?" Zoe asked. Evan shrugged.

"Yeah I guess so." He said.

"You're ridiculous." She said gigging softly.

"You love me though." Evan said. Zoe smiled and he kissed her forehead.

"I do. You're lucky tomorrow is Friday though." She said. Evan wrapped his arms around her waist and she smiled.

"Evan. You're absolutely freezing. Baby where were you?" Zoe asked. She crawled away from him and sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"It isn't hot outside Zo. It's like maybe five degrees. That's why you're wearing leggings and one of my hoodies to bed." Evan said. Zoe smiled.

"Jokes on you, I wear this no matter how hot it is." Zoe whispered. Evan kissed her and Zoe laid back down.

"I have to be out of bed in an hour and a half." Zoe groaned.

"Why?"

"Because I need to shower and do my hair and makeup and get dressed and I don't want to be late." Zoe said. Evan pulled her to his chest and kissed her head.

"Then we better get to sleep." Evan whispered. Zoe smiled and nestled into his arms.

"What happened today?" Zoe whispered. Evan kissed her forehead and didn't say anything.

"Evan. Baby I want you to be happy." Zoe said. Evan kissed her forehead again.

"I'm happy right now." Evan said.

"Evan. The stuff that happens at school. Why don't you talk to someone?" Zoe asked. Tears were pooling in her eyes; tears she knew Evan couldn't see.

"It's not important Zo. It happens all the time." Evan said. Zoe gave him a look that made his heart break in pieces.

"Evan. Don't lie to me." She whispered. Evan sighed.

"It's not important-"

"No Evan. If people are picking on you it's important." Zoe said softly.

"Aiden Carter is just being an asshole Zoe, it's nothing new." Evan said. Zoe sighed and pressed the heel of her hand against the bridge of her nose.

"Baby, he can't pick on you like that." Zoe said angrily.

"Well he does." Evan said. Zoe cupped Evan's face in her hands and peppered kisses all over his face.

"I'll protect you." Zoe said. Evan smiled and chuckled sadly.

"Zoe he'll kill you." Evan said. Zoe buried her face in his chest and he hugged her tightly.

"Promise me something?" Zoe asked. Evan looked down at her.

"What is it Bright Eyes?" Evan asked.

"You'll try and do something about it if he does it tomorrow?" Zoe asked. Evan sighed and hesitated.