Chilltober 10: harvest

"Okay ladyios, where are we going first?" Zoe asked.

"Um..." Mallory trailed off as she looked around.

"Neh! Neh!" Tia yelled, pointing at the horses across the field. Zoe picked Tia up and started walking towards the horses.

"Oh my god Zoe!"

Zoe spun around and saw a blonde woman walking towards her pushing a double stroller with a baby basket on top and two blonde children trailing behind her.

"Oh my god Kathy." Zoe said, hesitating and looking at Evan who's eyes widened.

"And gosh I'm so sorry I don't remember your name!" Kathy said, walking towards Evan.

"I'm Zoe's husband Evan. I'm sorry who are you?" Evan asked.

Irritation briefly flickered across Kathy's face and she pushed her hair back.

"I'm Kathy, I'm the president of the PTA. Remember? We met last year." Kathy reminded him.

"Must have slipped my mind. And these must be your kids?" Evan asked.

"Yes! This is Paisleigh, Jaxxon, Oaklynn, and Maylee! And our newest little one, Azalea."

"Such... interesting names." Evan said.

"How old are they?" Zoe asked.

"Well, Paisleigh and Mallory are in the same class, she's 6. Jaxxon is going to be 5 next week, Oaklynn is 3, Maylee is 21 months and Azalea is 6 months." Kathy said.

"And your husband?" Evan asked.

"Oh, Brad is just parking the car. And oh my gosh look at your girls! And wow are you expecting again?" Kathy asked, looking at Tia.

"Yeah, I'm expecting a little one in February." Zoe said. Kathy smiled and a man walked up to her.

"Hey sexy, who're these guys?" He said.

"Oh Brad shush. This is Zoe, she used to be on the PTA and a frequent carpool member. And her husband Ethan?' Kathy said.

"Evan. My name is Evan." Evan said.

"Anyways, how old are Mallory and Tina?" Kathy asked.

"T-I-A. Tia. She's a little over a year old." Zoe said. Kathy nodded and Brad smiled.

"Anyways, nice bumping into you guys. Have fun at the Harvest Festival." Kathy smiled, before walking away with her husband and kids following her.

"What an awful woman." Evan said.

"Imagine a PTA meeting. Now come on! Let's go find the animals!" Zoe said, walking towards the barn with Tia babbling to her. Evan grabbed Mallory's hand and followed after her.

+++

"Oh my god. How did we continue to bump into Kathy? Every single turn she was there." Zoe sighed. Evan helped Mallory into her car seat and Zoe strapped Tia into hers.

"She is an exhausting woman." Zoe groaned.

"Okay, now we can move the pumpkins and stuff into the garage and decorate later!" Evan said. Mallory buckled her seatbelt and Evan smiled at Zoe.

"You did good. I know how much you hate her." Evan said. Zoe smiled and Evan closed the car door.

"I love you." Zoe said. Evan smiled.

"I love you Zo."